• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question about Alsa bus tickets

falconbrother

Time of past OR future Camino
June - July 2024
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without completing that portion. Can I just walk up and buy two tickets when we land in Pamplona?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
On the desktop version of the ALSA website there is a drop-down menu for documents which allows you to choose "other document". I would use that. Buses can and do fill up at times and as there is only one bus per day on that route getting stuck in Pamplona would be a pain in the posterior.

1715716465760.png

A selection of Camino Jewellery
On the desktop version of the ALSA website there is a drop-down menu for documents which allows you to choose "other document". I would use that. Buses can and do fill up at times and as there is only one bus per day on that route getting stuck in Pamplona would be a pain in the posterior.

View attachment 170336
I recently booked ALSA tickets on line. I went to 'Other' and used my passport number. That worked well. But I then had difficulty paying online - the system repeatedly crashed when I went to 'secure payment' for my credit card. Again I went to 'other' and used paypal. That worked perfectly!

View attachment 170336
Yes, that’s correct. I did this the other day

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without completing that portion. Can I just walk up and buy two tickets when we land in Pamplona?
Yesterday I bought two tickets for two journeys. When selecting, there are three options for the type of ID, I chose the last one and entered the number of my German ID card in the ID number field. This has always worked so far

I've been having difficulty getting information...does any know if there are trains from Vigo Spain to Portugal?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I recently booked ALSA tickets on line. I went to 'Other' and used my passport number. That worked well. But I then had difficulty paying online - the system repeatedly crashed when I went to 'secure payment' for my credit card. Again I went to 'other' and used paypal. That worked perfectly!
Another tip for Alsabus users. When purchasing the ticket Bilbao - Astorga, the price was €80 if German was selected and only €57 if Spanish was selected!!

Another tip for Alsabus users. When purchasing the ticket Bilbao - Astorga, the price was €80 if German was selected and only €57 if Spanish was selected!!
What day was that? This would be quite unusual.

I tried to replicate it for a few dates and the price at checkout was always the same for the same bus on the same day in the same category (15:00 departure from Bilbao): €57,86 - in English, in German and in Spanish.

What day was that? This would be quite unusual.

I tried to replicate it for a few dates and the price at checkout was always the same for the same bus on the same day in the same category (15:00 departure from Bilbao): €57,86 - in English, in German and in Spanish.
hm, purchase was on 07.05. for the 0815h bus on 20.05.24. I have often bought Alsa bus tickets. This was the first time that the price depended on the chosen language.
Prices are not fixed. For a long time the bus SdC - Porto airport should cost around 47€. When I bought it on 10 May, the price had risen to 60€.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I got it to work. Yes, the passport number was what they wanted. Also downloaded the app for digital tickets. Thanks everybody!
Is this a new thing? I bought lots of tickets from Alsa and several other bus companies in my seventeen months in Spain. Never had to show any sort of ID. My name is on my Visa card of course, but usually I paid cash.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi All - I am a debit card /cash only girl, its just how I live. I transfer X amount of money from a savings on to a debit card and then use my debit card. I've been looking into using the Wise...
Hi Everyone, This second Camino seems to be a go, even though I am far from ready! (1st Camino 2016, 2nd attempted 2019, needed surgery then tried for 2020). I still don't have shoes! Lol I...
I wanted to share my experience using the luggage forwarding/storage service offered by Casa Ivar. I flew from Dallas to Paris, arriving in Paris on March 29th. I’d requested DHL shipping from...
Hello, I was trying to plan on catching the 4:00 pm Monbus from Samos to Santiago. I can see from the many reviews online this bus company is not reliable and treats customers terribly (denying...
Hi all! Not sure where to post this (moderators, please feel free to move to the correct section if it’s wrong here). Due to a mess up of the Dutch postal service, the parcel I sent home from...
which is the bus to take to cross the town of Burgos and find yourself on the camino francès to the other side of Burgos? what are the stops where to take the bus in Burgos and where to get off...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back