• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question about stages and accomodation: Labruja, Armenteira

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances - 2015 & 2022
Portugues - 2016 & 2024
Dear all, looking forward to walk the CP (Central and Spiritual Variant) starting soon :)! I have a few questions. Because walking with three friends this time in stead of alone I'm focussing allready on some stages and some places to sleep.

Labruja: we will stay at Casa Fernanda and in Pacos (about 42 km) and I think staying in Labruja is the best option in between those places. Read about Quinta Labruja, but both rooms are allready booked. Which alternative accomodation would you recommend (somewhere around Labruja) to split those two days?

We will have four days to walk from Orbenlle to Villanova de Arousa. Thinking of the 'regular' stages: Orbenlle to Redondela to Pontevedra to Armenteira to Villanova de Arousa.
- Would you advise these stages or is it attractive to stay out of the cities? For example: is the monasterio de Poio an option in stead of Pontevedra? Otherwise we will pass the monastry on a Sunday
- I would love to stay in the monastry of Armenteira, but I read they don't take any reservations anymore. Would you advise to take the risk of being refused at the monastry (four persons, I don't know how many they use to host) or book the albergue or ...?

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Dear all, looking forward to walk the CP (Central and Spiritual Variant) starting soon :)! I have a few questions. Because walking with three friends this time in stead of alone I'm focussing allready on some stages and some places to sleep.

Labruja: we will stay at Casa Fernanda and in Pacos (about 42 km) and I think staying in Labruja is the best option in between those places. Read about Quinta Labruja, but both rooms are allready booked. Which alternative accomodation would you recommend (somewhere around Labruja) to split those two days?

We will have four days to walk from Orbenlle to Villanova de Arousa. Thinking of the 'regular' stages: Orbenlle to Redondela to Pontevedra to Armenteira to Villanova de Arousa.
- Would you advise these stages or is it attractive to stay out of the cities? For example: is the monasterio de Poio an option in stead of Pontevedra? Otherwise we will pass the monastry on a Sunday
- I would love to stay in the monastry of Armenteira, but I read they don't take any reservations anymore. Would you advise to take the risk of being refused at the monastry (four persons, I don't know how many they use to host) or book the albergue or ...?

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts!
You can stay at the monastery if they have space available, but it is not possible to book anymore. Obviously, you stand more chance if you are only looking for one bed rather than 4, but, even then, there are no guarantees. . .

I stayed at the municipal albergue in Armenteira and was able to book in advance through WhatsApp. If you do this, make sure to get a confirmation. I almost lost my bed because I didn't have one. From there it is a short walk back to the Monastery for the pilgrim service, which is lovely. I did send a message to the monastery at Armenteira asking about beds and they said none were available for when I was there.

I really liked Pontevedra, but it would also be nice to walk on to Poio and stay there.

Buen Camino - that stretch following Armenteira is the most beautiful Camino path I have ever seen. Also, shortly after the Ruta de la Piedra y del Agua is a short detour to a small 'stone village' - definitely something to see.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
If you book beds at the municipal albergue in Armenteira using Whatsapp, be sure to be there by EARLY afternoon to claim them. It’s very hit and miss whether they will actually keep them for you. They’ll just fill the beds as the pilgrims come in, whether you’ve booked or not. However, it IS one municipal, at least when I stayed there a few years ago, that allowed for pilgrims to sleep on extra mattresses on the floor when the beds are all taken. That may have changed!

The albergue in Armenteira unfortunately is fully booked. The monastry will not allow reservations. Any other suggestions?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Have you tried Carballo De Prado in Armentiera? ( on booking.com). They will pick you up and then return you to the next morning, there is a family room for 4 if it’s available.
Or you could stay at the monastery de Poio, and then walk 7 km past Armentiera to Ribadumia and stay at Oscastanos. ( oscastanos@oscastanos.es).
Or..take a taxi from Armentiera to Combarro for then night, and taxi back in the morning. There is an Albergue in Combarro, and it’s an interesting town

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back