A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Quick Question

ECLIPSEPUP

Camino(s) past & future
2017 SJPDP - BURGOS
Hi Fellow Pilgrims, myself and my Friend Steff have been doing the Camino in stages due to work commitments and unable to do all in one go. We are in the process of planning the final stage from Sarria this September however have recently read on FB that the Cathedral in Santiago will be closed for a year? We would consider postponing until next year if this were the case as reaching the Cathedral will be a huge highlight and very poignant moment for us as with all pilgrims. Does anyone know for sure that the Cathedral is closed. We are aware that the are renovations taking place. Many thanks for any advice. :)

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
Large areas inside the building will be closed off but there will still be access to hug the silver image of the apostle and to visit the relics under the main altar. Pilgrim masses will be held in other churches.

Puiu

Hi Fellow Pilgrims, myself and my Friend Steff have been doing the Camino in stages due to work commitments and unable to do all in one go. We are in the process of planning the final stage from Sarria this September however have recently read on FB that the Cathedral in Santiago will be closed for a year? We would consider postponing until next year if this were the case as reaching the Cathedral will be a huge highlight and very poignant moment for us as with all pilgrims. Does anyone know for sure that the Cathedral is closed. We are aware that the are renovations taking place. Many thanks for any advice. :)
https://www.abc.es/espana/galicia/abci-sin-misas-catedral-santiago-durante-201901231827_noticia.html?fbclid=IwAR0joxDe5B9rVXjWc-Q8LwvV6w0GPDWjGl0z3U3gXzf4Pc5YeJIY1FOyO-k

mai

Camino(s) past & future
CF 18/4 Pamplona-S
CF 19/4-5 SJPP-S
@Jarin, thank you for posting this important news.
Last year I have visited the museum and witnessed the Cathedral ceremony…fantastic! Although I couldn’t see it again this year, I could see what I could not see the main facade last year. I have already finalized my schedule in April this year. A little disappointed for this news. But be optimistic, 2 caminos make it complete for me in Santiago.

ECLIPSEPUP

Camino(s) past & future
2017 SJPDP - BURGOS
Large areas inside the building will be closed off but there will still be access to hug the silver image of the apostle and to visit the relics under the main altar. Pilgrim masses will be held in other churches.
Thank you Bradypus :)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino France's (2016) Portuguese 2017
As I understand it. Parts of the Cathedral will be open but there will be no Pilgrims mass. These will be held in other churches until the work is finished.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 236 24.8%