• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

quotes

Lydia Gillen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007/8/9, 2011 , 2012/13/14. C.F 2015
Camino Portugues 2017,2018,2019
volunteering
How do I get a quote into the nice grey background that others use?

Please explain it step by step. Do not assume I know anything please

Lydia

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Lydia.
If yo want to quote the full post then just hit the 'quote' button on that post.
Check your cursor is outside of the final bracket. Then type and submit your reply in the usual way.
If you want to quote part of a post the start a reply. Hit the quote button at the top of the reply panel. Make sure your cursor is bteween the middle close and open bracket ]cursor[. Paste the quote. Move the cursor outside of the second close bracket ] and preview. The quote should be grey and all the rest as normal. Then submit.
Hope this is clear :)

Tia Valeria said:
Hi Lydia.
If yo want to quote the full post then just hit the 'quote' button on that post.
Hope this is clear :)
[kuote="Tia Valeria"]Hi Lydia.
Hope this is clear :)[/kuote]

Hi Lydia, for an example I replaced the q for a k, hoping it will help.

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo

A selection of Camino Jewellery
When you post a reply also ensure that the Disable BBCode checkbox is unchecked (it appears as one of the options underneath the message box where you type your reply). If that option is checked then your quoted text will not be formatted as a quote correctly. The BBCode option can be unchecked individually on a post by post basis or you can change it once in your profile so that it is always unchecked. Previewing your reply before submitting will show if the quote is being formatted correctly.

Hopefully that should work ok but don't quote me on that!

Cheers
Mig

Attachments

• BBCode.JPG
    BBCode.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,708
Lydia Gillen said:

Lydia

Lydia,
Some of the directions did not seem very simple to me, so I am going to tell you what I have figured out. Locate the post that you want to quote. Each post has its own individual Quote [button], top right. Click on it. This will take you directly to a "post a reply" box which will already have your selected post in it. The formatting will look odd but you can scroll down and use the Preview button to verify that it will look grey and indented in your actual post.

If you do not want to quote the entire post, you can use the backspace key to delete the portions you do not need to include. (I know that this is only Quotations 101 but it does work).

Do your own typing below the quoted section. Use the Preview button to verify that you have done what you wanted to do.

wawpdx said:
Lydia Gillen said:

Lydia

Lydia,
Some of the directions did not seem very simple to me, so I am going to tell you what I have figured out. Locate the post that you want to quote. Each post has its own individual Quote [button], top right. Click on it. This will take you directly to a "post a reply" box which will already have your selected post in it. The formatting will look odd but you can scroll down and use the Preview button to verify that it will look grey and indented in your actual post.

If you do not want to quote the entire post, you can use the backspace key to delete the portions you do not need to include. (I know that this is only Quotations 101 but it does work).

Do your own typing below the quoted section. Use the Preview button to verify that you have done what you wanted to do.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
wawpdx said:
Lydia Gillen said:

Dear Tia ,Carli,Sean and Wawpdx,

Thank you all for your help. I struggle here ,much to the amusement of my youngest son who tries to help me. It is not that I am stupid. I know that I am not and so does he, because I have oft told him so.!!!. It is just a skill that I have not yet mastered. Could he or any of my clever sons knit an aran sweater if they were given wool and needles and a knitting pattern. But of course the pattern printer assumes that a knitter has already acquired some basic skills, which are not part of our present day educational system.

However" Quotations 101" which left me in the dark, but had Stephen hooting with laughter that I did not know what this meant.

Seriously though, Thank you all so much for having compassion on me.
:D :roll: :lol: :D
He taught me how to do that

Could he or any of my clever sons knit an aran sweater if they were given wool and needles and a knitting pattern. But of course the pattern printer assumes that a knitter has already acquired some basic skills, which are not part of our present day educational system.

Hi Lydia
I'm with you entirely. I can manage a quote but most of modern technology has left me way behind, on the other hand I would find knitting an Aran jumper difficult, though not as difficult as my sons!
Modern jargon is fairly unintelligible too!
Sue

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back