• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rail reservations from Santiago to Vigo

AnneLondon

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
I'm trying to book train tickets from Santiago to Vigo where I'm starting my Camino next week. I keep getting an error code...any onecelse having train booking problems?
Howxeasyvis it to just get a ticket in Santiago atvthectrain station on the day?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There are lots of trains between Santiago and Vigo. Getting a ticket on the day should not be difficult for this regional train. If you do want advance booking have you tried the Trainline website? Often easier to use than RENFE's own site.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
At what part of the booking process are you getting the error?

As others have stated, there should be no problem getting a ticket at the train station, since there are almost hourly trains. But its always nice to have a ticket in hand.

At what part of the booking process are you getting the error?

As others have stated, there should be no problem getting a ticket at the train station, since there are almost hourly trains. But its always nice to have a ticket in hand.
Just go to the station . Go to the ticket window and buy your ticket. It is the same handling as you buy a metro ticket.
reservations are for long distance trains, high speed trains like the AVE in Spain but not for commuter trains .

Just go to the station . Go to the ticket window and buy your ticket. It is the same handling as you buy a metro ticket.
reservations are for long distance trains, high speed trains like the AVE in Spain but not for commuter trains .
Renfe shows tickets and reservations available.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks all..I'll get the ticket at thexstation. Was a little alarmed at the number of pilgrims and not sure whether booking was necessary. You've reassured me ...thanks

This train does fill up, particularly in the evening and Friday afternoons when university students go home for the weekend. Just so you know. Next Wednesday is a holiday too, so that may impact the availability. Contrary to the post above, reservation are possible and recommended.

Also you will find that there are two train stations in Vigo. The speed of the train will determine the destination. If you are only going there to start walking right away and don’t plan to visit Vigo then the fast train will get you to the station closest to the Camino as it leaves Vigo.

Thanks. On your advice I've booked train tickets to Vigo via,Trainlinecwith no problem whatsoever. Thanks peregrines for your responses and help. Buen camino!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm trying to book train tickets from Santiago to Vigo where I'm starting my Camino next week. I keep getting an error code...any onecelse having train booking problems?
Howxeasyvis it to just get a ticket in Santiago atvthectrain station on the day?
I’ve purchased a train ticket to Vigo at the Santiago train station several times, and I never had a problem. It should be very easy.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back