A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Ramallosa to Vigo

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugués (June 2018)
About to begin my first Camino, and looking over the route.
IMG-20180614-WA0007.jpg
Does anyone have any input on the "official" vs the more coastal route from Ramallosa to Vigo? Or, perhaps, anything you might consider "can't miss" along either route (or in either city)?

Thank you, in advance!

Advertisment

FSP

Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPP - SDC 2013
CP Porto - SDC (Coastal & Spiritual Variant) 2016
Finisterre 2016
Norte(Sep 2018)
I stuck to the coastal route in my 2016 Camino. Very enjoyable, great scenery along the whole way and a lot of interesting things to see at the Vigo harbor area and plenty of places to dine. We did stay in a hotel however in Vigo I think it was called the Compostella. More expensive than an albergue but we were due for a rest day. Enjoy your journey!

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac, Norte, Madrid-Salv-Primitivo
Hi, I’ve done both and preferred the inland route.

The route by the coast looks nice, but its asphalt the whole way, on roads through residential areas.

The inland route was quieter. Also a lot of asphalt, but more villages, and up and down in green areas.

If you decide to take the coastal route, then I can recommend forking right at the river, Rio Lagares, as the path then follows the river all the way up to the football stadium, Estadio de Balaidos. You’re in the Vigo suburbs already, but it’s quite pleasant with plenty of joggers and dog walkers.
Jill

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
About to begin my first Camino, and looking over the route.
View attachment 43617
Does anyone have any input on the "official" vs the more coastal route from Ramallosa to Vigo? Or, perhaps, anything you might consider "can't miss" along either route (or in either city)?

Thank you, in advance!
Did the Coastal last year and highly recommend it.

Advertisment

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%