• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baiona to Vigo

Franklyn

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2022 - Invierno (maybe still undecided)
Hi. I am currently in Baiona on a rest day. Tomorrow we walk to Vigo. There are a lot of options and I am not sure which one is the best for us. My walking partner is having some minor knee issues so the “flatter” route may be the best option. However, we do like to have cafes with WCs along our route. Most important , we don’t want to get lost and walk extra kms.. Any suggestions? Thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The fork in the road at A Ramallosa is clearly marked with signs and maps, so you shouldn’t get lost. Most people recommend the Litoral option, which is what I took. I don’t remember about cafés specifically but it’s beachy so there should be some, and IIRC it’s pretty flat. There’s about an hour of urban jungle to walk through in Vigo. ¡Buen camino!

As soon as you arrive at bridge in A Ramallosa, , turn to to left at the other side of this bridge
after about one km you will arrive at the beach ( at your left side ) there are several bars and restaurants
Just keep following the beach at your left northwards untill Vigo. Vigo is a big city so depending where your place to stay is, find your way there..
it is some time ago that we walked that part( in 2015) but by then there were green waymarkers along this part of the coast almost to Vigo.
Have a map ready on your smartphone. It is not difficult.
bom caminho

Attachments

• IMG_8658.jpeg
    IMG_8658.jpeg
    769.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi!
The Littoral was a nice relatively flat walk .
From A Ramallosa! I had taken several short videos along the way as i thought it was quite pretty!
Whatsapp call from my daughter informed me they were all of my face!!🤣

One thing i do remember (well my bladder does ) there was a public toilet along the beach;the first i had found since the one at the left of the Harbour in Baiona such joy ha!ha!
Have a great walk
Buen Camino
Woody

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago we walked from Baiona to Nigran and then cut over easily to the river path and followed that path all the way to Vigo. Pretty level with some very long pedestrian promenades and nice parks along the way. Plenty of cafes and well marked. The path is described nicely with navigation on the Wise Pilgrim phone app. Very pleasant stage for the most part until you get to Vigo and do the urban thing for an hour.

A couple of weeks ago we walked from Baiona to Nigran and then cut over easily to the river path and followed that path all the way to Vigo. Pretty level with some very long pedestrian promenades and nice parks along the way. Plenty of cafes and well marked. The path is described nicely with navigation on the Wise Pilgrim phone app. Very pleasant stage for the most part until you get to Vigo and do the urban thing for an hour.
It looks like you did not follow the beachside but the normal path that passes the A Ramallosa albergue so over the bridge you turned to the right I think

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You are incorrect. We most certainly did follow the water to our immediate left all the way from Nigran to Vigo passing beaches and crossing short stretches of beach sound. The path was pretty well marked until the outer edge of Vigo.

About the knee…I started having “minor” problems which I ignored and that developed into agonizing Tendonitis. Please make sure to ice that knee when you can, get some anti-inflammatory meds and rest when needed. Also, if you aren’t using walking poles, I suggest them. The ones I had didn’t have rubber rips so I didn’t use them until it was too late. I was forced to stop walking for a half day, a whole day and another half day. I wish I had done what I’m advising to you. 😉

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Another wonderful walking day! Definitely feeling it in my legs today- a few more stretch breaks needed! And lots of wonderful places to take them! Theme for the day boardwalks! Received a few...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back