• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommendations for a 10 day easyish walk anywhere along the Camino in France , Spain or Portugal. No plans to go to Santiago

Lisa Lowy

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2017
I walked part of the Camino ( Sarria to Santiago) 2 years ago and got my certificate. This Easter , 2019, I am planning a 10 day walk in any country on the Camino. Which route would you recommend? I am not planning on going to Santiago. Thank you .

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
King Ludwig's Way in Bavaria, Germany is a beautiful walk without too many challenges...in other words, you can just wander & enjoy it. I did it in spring 2014 & loved it. Its approx 120km starting in Starnberg (near Munich) & finishing at Neuschwanstein Castle near Fußen. The 10 days could easily be filled with time spent at beginning & end. While not a Camino in itself, the path coincides with JakobsWeg so you will be accompanied by our familiar yellow arrows & scallop shell way marking along with the distinctive 'K with a crown' of the KLW.
Happy planning! 👣 🌏

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
King Ludwig's Way in Bavaria, Germany is a beautiful walk without too many challenges...in other words, you can just wander & enjoy it. I did it in spring 2014 & loved it. Its approx 120km starting in Starnberg (near Munich) & finishing at Neuschwanstein Castle near Fußen. The 10 days could easily be filled with time spent at beginning & end. While not a Camino in itself, the path coincides with JakobsWeg so you will be accompanied by our familiar yellow arrows & scallop shell way marking along with the distinctive 'K with a crown' of the KLW.
Happy planning! 👣 🌏
Thank you . I have always wanted to go to Bavaria so will look into it for the summer. I am looking to walk before Easter and do one of the Camino paths in France , Spain or Portugal .

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you . I have always wanted to go to Bavaria so will look into it for the summer. I am looking to walk before Easter and do one of the Camino paths in France , Spain or Portugal .
Ha ha... 😁 I noticed you have edited your initial heading to include the countries you intended! Wise move...with a world of Camino paths out there, who knows how many replies you would receive. Of course I responded before you'd narrowed the list but glad my suggestion may inspire you for another trip. This time around, you could look at a Caminho Portugues option starting in Porto & walking the coast rather than inland. 👣 🌏

Ha ha... 😁 I noticed you have edited your initial heading to include the countries you intended! Wise move...with a world of Camino paths out there, who knows how many replies you would receive. Of course I responded before you'd narrowed the list but glad my suggestion may inspire you for another trip. This time around, you could look at a Caminho Portugues option starting in Porto & walking the coast rather than inland. 👣 🌏
Yes I did edit it as I hadn't made it clear but I am glad about that as the walk you suggested sounds excellent.

The Camino Portugues from Porto in lovely. In 10 days you can enjoy Porto for 1-2 days and walk towards the border of the two countries while enjoying the amazing food and wine.
There is only one big hill (Alto da portela) in the entrire route between Porto and Santiago, everything else is basically flat.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Camino Portugues from Porto in lovely. In 10 days you can enjoy Porto for 1-2 days and walk towards the border of the two countries while enjoying the amazing food and wine.
There is only one big hill (Alto da portela) in the entrire route between Porto and Santiago, everything else is basically flat.
Thank you for that suggestion .

I second this route, very beautiful!

If you could stretch it to 11 days, I recommend Le Puy-en-Velay to Figeac on the Via Podiensis - good transport connections at each end, beautiful scenery (and better food than the CF, but don't tell anyone I said so!)

If you could stretch it to 11 days, I recommend Le Puy-en-Velay to Figeac on the Via Podiensis - good transport connections at each end, beautiful scenery (and better food than the CF, but don't tell anyone I said so!)
I'm considering walking from Le Puy to Conques in 2020 but I am concerned about the level of difficulty. From what I have read the segments ( no matter how short) involve many river valleys, and some very demanding climbs. Based on your experience how do these stretches compare with SJPP to Orisson or the climb to O'Cebreiro? All input and tips are welcome....

Le Puy to Conques is an endless series of off-road ups and downs. Pack a lunch as services are few. Coffee spots are few. It's beautiful, and manage-able, but not "easy-ish".

The Le Puy does not have an 8 km all-in-one-go climb. But you may cross several valleys each day - so up and down and up and down and up and down ... none on a paved road. It's a nature trail.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Same here

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back