• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Replace trail runners or not

simeon

Time of past OR future Camino
Lots done and more to do!
Hi,
I am about four weeks out from starting a 200km trek from Malaga. My trusty Salomon lab xts are starting to cause trouble. The heal pads have worn and on my last training walk today if 17km I got a slight blister on my heal. Question is, do I get a new pair and risk not having them walked in properly or do I try and repair them. Any ideas how I would go about it..... Hmmmmmm maybe the wisdom of the forum will shine through......

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Never used that brand but trail runners really shouldn't need a breaking in period. I usually start any long distance walk with a brand fresh pair of Altra Lone Peaks and it's never given me any issues.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Get new ones. No "break in" should be required or useful. Just wear them to make sure there is no defect that irritates you
Get new ones!

I used brand new trail runners to start my Camino Frances last year. No problems and no blisters.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks everyone for your replies....... Its such a pity - If only for that part I would say I would get another 200km from them - new pair incoming unless I see some magical repair solutions!

Before I switched to sandals I would buy a new pair of the same model of trail runners that I was training in. I wore them a few times just to make sure that there were no manufacturing defects. Modern trail runners really don't require a break-in period.

No decision - Get a new pair and breakin for two weeks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum