• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Returning......

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wayne: I walked in May 2016 SJPdP to Santiago with my two daughters. I would like to go again by myself. Can you tell me about the weather in October. Was there a lot of rain? I don't mind the rain but don't prefer it. :) May was 90% great weather...10% rain/cold. I love fall and seriously considering Sept/Oct. and looking for some insight.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I had such a wonderful life experience last October walking the Camino Frances. All going well, I am returning to do the Portuguese in September This year. To anyone just thinking about doing the Camino, do it! it will change you forever for the better.
I will be walking the C.P. in September as well, along with two people that I met while doing the Camino Frances in 2014 and someone doing their first Camino. Perhaps we will cross paths along The Way.

@Debora if you love fall, you should walk then. I have walked Sept/Oct and May/June. I found a big difference in the amount of daylight. The weather was similar, but when I arrived in Galicia in October, it was getting damp and cold. Just make sure you have warm clothes for the evenings, especially if you want to sit outside. In 2012 we had 2 days of rain over 30 days walking in Sept/Oct, and in 2015, May/June I think I had 3 days of rain over 42 days of walking.

@Debora if you love fall, you should walk then. I have walked Sept/Oct and May/June. I found a big difference in the amount of daylight. The weather was similar, but when I arrived in Galicia in October, it was getting damp and cold. Just make sure you have warm clothes for the evenings, especially if you want to sit outside. In 2012 we had 2 days of rain over 30 days walking in Sept/Oct, and in 2015, May/June I think I had 3 days of rain over 42 days of walking.
CdnDreamer - Thanks for the info...one follow up question. What was the difference in the May/June and Sept/Oct with regard to amount of other pilgrims?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
WayneG, you are showing the signs of starting down the path of being a 'Camino-alholic.' It's an affliction that affects many of us. Resistance is futile!
When my wife and I walked our first Camino in 2014, our plan before going was that it would be a 'one off'. We had no idea how much we would fall in love with Spain and all things Camino.
So we were back in 2015 and 2016 for the Camino Frances and last year we did the Portuguese route from Porto.
After last year we thought 2018 would be a Camino down year, well that didn't come to pass as we have booked airfare to Madrid for Sept.11th and will walk the Primitivo route.
Regarding the Portuguese route, we walked the central route. We enjoyed it very much with the exception of the first day out of Porto. There are a few long stretches where you walk along side the busy N-306. If I was to do this route again, I would go with the coastal route to Vila do Conde and then cut inland and rejoin the central route just before Arcos. Other than day 1, we loved the central route.

I always walk my Caminos in September and October. First time I walked CF it was really hot on the Meseta and really cold in Galicia. It snowed few mornings and rained a few other days. The second time I walked it was driving rain and high winds on the Meseta and really nice in Galicia. Walked CP from Lisbon and it was sunny every day. It was almost too hot some days. It never rained the whole way. You never know but no worries just walk.

Wayne: I walked in May 2016 SJPdP to Santiago with my two daughters. I would like to go again by myself. Can you tell me about the weather in October. Was there a lot of rain? I don't mind the rain but don't prefer it. :) May was 90% great weather...10% rain/cold. I love fall and seriously considering Sept/Oct. and looking for some insight.
Sorry I have taken a while to reply... I am overseas. .... the weather was great last October, two or three days of sporadic light drizzle, not cold, amazing!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Way to go! Just came back April 26 2018. Stared with Rota Vicentina, South-West of Portugal, in the Algarve region, Fishermen Path, (not a Compostelle route) neverthless, amazing and beautiful in so many ways... roughly 250km. After, I took a bus to Lisbonne and started the CP from there.

Nex year, I’ll do the VDLP and I will stop in Zamora, will take the bus to Porto and this time, do the Coastal route from Porto as in April this year I did the central, I missed seeing the ocean, but that’s me.

I believe September will be a beautiful month for this Caminho. If you have a chance, Coimbra worth a good visit. I stayed at Serenata Hostel, just beside the Cathedral and I simply loved it. The University is unbelievable, the 3rd oldest one in the world, etc....

Bom Caminho and all the other one you’ll probably walk;):cool:

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...