• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Saint-Palais to Bayonne?

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 SJPP-Logrono
2022 Leon-Sarria
2023 Frances
Hello everyone.

Planning to the Le Puy route in 2025. We heard there is a track connecting Saint-Palais to Bayonne and are interested in taking that to continue to the Norte. I can't find any info on it. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance and Buen Camino to those out walking!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Cathy - take a look at this map. It looks to me like there is a path from St Palais that joins the Chemin de Poste in Helette. I've included the link to the website. I have to say I find the website a little tricky to navigate, but @Monasp on the forum is Manager of the Pilgrims' Office in SJPP and active in the Amis du Chemin group is very helpful. If she doesn't see the thread, you could send her a PM.

Bayonne is a lovely starting point for the Norte among other paths. I can highly recommend the gite/albergue in Bayonne - Refuge Saint Jacques. @Monasp can also provide contact details. They accept bookings.

1712334170805.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
PS. If you are staying in Aroue the night before St Palais, I can also highly recommend the wonderful Ferme Gite Bohoteguia where you'll be welcome by Simone and family.

Hi Cathy - take a look at this map. It looks to me like there is a path from St Palais that joins the Chemin de Poste in Helette. I've included the link to the website. I have to say I find the website a little tricky to navigate, but @Monasp on the forum is Manager of the Pilgrims' Office in SJPP and active in the Amis du Chemin group is very helpful. If she doesn't see the thread, you could send her a PM.

Bayonne is a lovely starting point for the Norte among other paths. I can highly recommend the gite/albergue in Bayonne - Refuge Saint Jacques. @Monasp can also provide contact details. They accept bookings.

View attachment 167394
Thank you for this!

Bonjour à tous.

Planification du tracé du Puy en 2025. Nous avons entendu dire qu'il existe une piste reliant Saint-Palais à Bayonne et sommes intéressés à l'emprunter pour continuer vers le Nord. Je ne trouve aucune information là-dessus. Quelqu'un peut-il m'indiquer la bonne direction s'il vous plaît ?

Merci d'avance et Buen Camino à ceux qui marchent !

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Cathy
In 2015 I left the GR 65 at St. Palais and followed the route to Hendaye which was reasonably well marked but I'm sure that 9 years later it will be better. I walked part of it with an older couple who were walking home to Normandy !
It is a lovely walk through the foothills of the Pyrenees and you get a close up and personal experience of the French Basques food, villages and culture. I loved it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back