• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre

Wendifk

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2023 Coastal
May 2024 Finisterre
Hi. I walked the last 100 miles of the coastal last March. i want to go back next May and complete to Finisterre I would like to keep my walks to 10 miles 12 at the most. is this possible?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, easily done. I did it last month.
As an example, I walked 5 days.....

Negreira 20.6 kms
Santa Marina 20.7 kms
O Logoso 16.5 kms
Corcubion 17.8 kms
Fisterra 10.8 kms (plus extra 6 km round trip to lighthouse)

A good tool to plan stages and check accommodation options is:

Last edited:
Yes, easily done. I did it last month.
As an example, I walked 5 days.....

Negreira 20.6 kms
Santa Marina 20.7 kms
O Logoso 16.5 kms
Corcubion 17.8 kms
Fisterra 10.8 kms (plus extra 6 km round trip to lighthouse)

A good tool to plan stages and check accommodation options is:
Bronze is in Spanish. Is there a way to translate it?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Bronze is in Spanish. Is there a way to translate it?

If you use a Chrome Browser it will automatically translate.

But even if you use a different browser that does not translate, you don't need to be able to read spanish to use it. It's very simple.

Pick the route from the 'Caminos' drop down menu. If you don't see the one you want listed, select 'todos los caminos' and select from the map.

You will now see the suggested stages of the route. Click on a stage.

You will see the map with distances, below that the stage 'profile' and below that a list of towns and villages along the way with accommodation listings.

You don't need to be able to read Spanish. ;)

If you use a Chrome Browser it will automatically translate.

But even if you use a different browser that does not translate, you don't need to be able to read spanish to use it. It's very simple.

Pick the route from the 'Caminos' drop down menu. If you don't see the one you want listed, select 'todos los caminos' and select from the map.

You will now see the suggested stages of the route. Click on a stage.

You will see the map with distances, below that the stage 'profile' and below that a list of towns and villages along the way with accommodation listings.

You don't need to be able to read Spanish. ;)
Thanks

I know this thread is a bit old, but to avoid opening a new one I'll add my query here.

Two years ago I did the Camino del Norte. My intention was to continue to Fisterra, but before reaching Pedrouzos the vague pain in my right leg worsened badly, I somewaht managed to limp my way to Compostela, but clearly it was not wise to go any further.

Now, I have a few days to try again. I am somewhat afraid of long stages and I know there are some hilly stretches and one steep descent before Cee. After a bit of research, I have a more or less organized plan;

1. Compostela to Albergue turistico de Logrosa, 19 km
2. Logrosa to A Maroñas, 19. 7 km. Albergue Santa Mariña.
3. A Maroñas to Dumbria, 21 km. Albergue O Conco or maybe pamper myself in
Casa a Pichona. (I know it s a bit off the Camino)
4. Dumbria to Fisterra, 25 km. Albergue-Pensión Finistellae
5 Fisterra to Muxia, 27.8 km. Albergue Arribada (maybe too long?)
I would appreciate your advice. You see, things in the paper may look good, but in the spot you discover many things you did not anticipate.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I know this thread is a bit old, but to avoid opening a new one I'll add my query here.

Two years ago I did the Camino del Norte. My intention was to continue to Fisterra, but before reaching Pedrouzos the vague pain in my right leg worsened badly, I somewaht managed to limp my way to Compostela, but clearly it was not wise to go any further.

Now, I have a few days to try again. I am somewhat afraid of long stages and I know there are some hilly stretches and one steep descent before Cee. After a bit of research, I have a more or less organized plan;

I would l appreciate your advice. You see, things in the paper may look good, but in the spot you discover many things you did not anticipate.
You can split the Fisterra to Muxia leg at Lires.

I would l appreciate your advice. You see, things in the paper may look good, but in the spot you discover many things you did not anticipate.

Dumbría is on the way to Muxía after the split in the Camino just after Hospital. If you want to stay in Dumbría you should walk to Muxía first.

And I highly recommend a stop in Lires to split the Muxía - Fisterra leg as @Tincatinker suggests.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back