• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Full circuit Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia to Santiago

jimnjo

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2022
How do we get a compestela for walking the full circuit from Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia and then back to Santiago? I know there are certificates, but isn't there an actual compestela? Thanks. Looking to do this in the Fall. We've taken the bus tour before, but would like to hike this time.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
How do we get a compestela for walking the full circuit from Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia and then back to Santiago? I know there are certificates, but isn't there an actual compestela? Thanks. Looking to do this in the Fall. We've taken the bus tour before, but would like to hike this time.
You can request a Compostela from the Pilgrims Office if you can demonstrate that you have walked either from Muxia via Fisterra to Santiago or Fisterra via Muxia to Santiago. A Credencial with a minimum of two stamps per day is required. The out-bound leg from Santiago does not count: Compostela are awarded to those who walk to Santiago, not away from it

The out-bound leg from Santiago does not count: Compostela are awarded to those who walk to Santiago, not away from it
Absolutely true but you may want those sellos in there anyway as souvenirs. They won't count toward getting the compostela but they won't count against you either.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The key thing to remember is that Compostelas are granted for journeys to Santiago, not from Santiago. So, if your plan is to walk Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia to Santiago, then the the part from Santiago to Finisterre won't be important for the Compostela. What will be important is the part from Finisterre to Santiago (via Muxia), which is, I believe, about 120km and thus far enough to qualify.

Get a regular credencial and get it stamped twice a day. Show it at the pilgrim office when you get back to Santiago and they will look at the stamps for the last 100 km and give you your Compostela.

If you start collecting stamps in your credencial from the very beginning of your walk, then when you get to Finisterre you can show the stamps from Santiago to Finisterre and get a Fisterrana certificate. When you get to Muxia, you can show your credencial again to collect your Muxiana certificate. And then get your third certificate in Santiago upon completion.

Agree with all the comments above.
However you can get certificates at Finistere and Muxia just for having walked those sections. Apply to the local tourist offices at each town. Of course you need credentials plus all the sellos.
Buen camino

Agree with all the comments above.
However you can get certificates at Finistere and Muxia just for having walked those sections. Apply to the local tourist offices at each town. Of course you need credentials plus all the sellos.
Buen camino
Always got mine in Muxia in the accomodation I stopped in.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
However you can get certificates at Finistere and Muxia just for having walked those sections. Apply to the local tourist offices at each town.
I don’t know if this is still true, but the last time I walked Santiago-Finesterre-Muxia, the hospitalero in the albergue would not give the Fisterrana to anyone who did not have a stamp from Lires, which is the halfway point between Finisterre and Muxia. This was because, he said, too many pilgrims “faked it” on that stretch. I think that all that was accomplished by this edict was to make the “fakers” more creative. I have on more than one occasion seen people hopping out of a cab in Lires, heading into the bar, and hopping back into the cab. Just don’t get it, but it happens.

If the Fisterrana has been taken over by the Tourist office, though, maybe none of this is an issue any more.

and p.s., this was not an issue if you walked from Santiago - Muxia - Finesterre - having stamps from where you stayed was enough. But maybe this is all old and out of date info.

Definitely get a stamp at Lires. We had a delightful night stop there. Because we walked onto Muxia on the Sunday and had to catch a bus to SdeC that evening we didn't stay at a Muxia albergue. We asked for the certificate at a couple of albergues but for various reasons they couldn't issue the certificates and sent us to the tourist office which was closed.
Tourist office had a notice saying one could email with photo of sellos on credentials and one would receive the certificate in by post. Unbelievably, this worked.
This was in May 2023

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back