• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Gibraltar/La Linea

Time of past OR future Camino
December 2022
I’ve done the google search and find there’s no straight forward way to get between Santiago and La Linea. Seems to be a couple flights and a couple buses or couple trains and a couple buses.

Am I missing something and maybe there’s an easier way? Or, is there a way to book it as one trip so it would be the fastest route with with the quickest connections.

I prefer train travel but I think it may be easier to fly to Malaga and buss from there

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Spanish long distance land infrastructure is based on Madrid bring the hub of a wheel, and it’s easiest usually to travel two ‘spokes’.

Train Santiago- Madrid -Malaga then bus ( or the coastal train as far west as you can, then bus)

You could take a bus from La Linea to Seville and fly from there to Santiago. Alternatively, train from there via Madrid. Or bus from Seville to Santiago via Salamanca 😉

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Spanish long distance land infrastructure is based on Madrid bring the hub of a wheel, and it’s easiest usually to travel two ‘spokes’.

Train Santiago- Madrid -Malaga then bus ( or the coastal train as far west as you can, then bus)
I flew direct to Malaga on Ryan Air. Bus from there.

Vueling to Sevilla then bus to Algeciras is another option. There are many options but none are direct, depends on your preferences; flying, train, bus or rent a car one way, that would be direct.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Train to Madrid and then train to Algeciras. Depending on the Renfe app you should be able to book it on one ticket.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Remember, going via London you'll have to go through immigration and customs and that will add time for the connection. Then again, more relaxed, at Gibraltar to La Linea.

Hmm, Santiago to London on Veuling looks like you'd need an overnight in London to get an anything like reasonable flight to Gib. I used to recommend the Gatwick Hilton for its marvellous rural views but then I was getting paid to do that ;)

Depending on how much you enjoy airport security the viable journey, in my inclination, is a flight to Madrid, a flight to Malaga. A few days in Malaga having proper fun and the regular bus to La Linea. The same route can be achieved by train and in relative comfort

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back