Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

Santiago to Madrid, Sold Out.. almost

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
La Voz de Galicia has today article indicating that in the next few days, if you are traveling from Santiago to Madrid, and have not made a reservation, your only choice will be the bus.

In the next few days (Written August 20th, big vacation month in Spain):
-- There are no rental cars available (Sold out)
-- There are no tickets with the train (Sold out)
-- There are some seats on the ALSA bus.

Read more in La Voz here:
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/santiago/2 ... 074309.htm

Buen camino,
Ivar

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

wfandrew

Hi,
4 of us are travelling to Madrid on Sept 11, and planned on taking the train to Leon that afternoon. Have you heard if getting tickets could be a problem?? Should we try to make reservations from home? Thanks for all the great info on this site. We are excited about this journey. Suzanne

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I think you should be fine. it is august that is the big vacation month in Spain. In september people are back to work. But if you are worried, just get the tickets online before you leave..... http://www.renfe.es

Also remember that you can go into any station in Spain and get your train tickets (ok, so I have not tried this, but I would I think you could). So if you are walking past a train station a few days before your trip, just get your ticket there.

Saludos,
Ivar

Trudy

Year of past OR future Camino
(2006) Roncesvalles to Leon (2007) Leon to Compostela
Ivar is right, you can buy train tickets at any Spanish train station or RENFE office. On several occasions I've bought Spanish train tickets this way.

But if you want to buy tickets before arriving in Spain try your luck with the RENFE website http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html, not the friendliest of websites but it does work - with some persistence.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated