A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Santiago to Porto backwards.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances/Finest September 2013
VDLP September 2016
Salamanca to Santiago/Finesterra/Muxia 2017
  1. I am in Santiago now, came in from the vdlp. Looking for people who are up to walking to Porto via blue arrows tomorrow oct 5. Flight home is from Porto.
Cheers

Advertisment

hel&scott

Camino(s) past & future
2004 St Jean - Santiago, 2008 Seville - Finestere, 2010 Ferrol - Lisbon, 2012 from Cartehenga.
I don't recommend walking backwards it can lead to too many accidents.
Sorry it's an old joke. But if you are doing the Reverso to Porto it's quiet complicated, especially the first day coming out of Santiago as there are very few blue arrows till you get to Portugal and it's not as simple as following the other end of the yellow arrows as they are usually painted on the other side of the pole which you can't see. When we walked to Lisbon (from Ferrol) I could have kissed whoever carefully marked the cross roads with an X to indicate "not this way" as well as arrows marking the reverse route.
I hope you find a walking partner to keep you company, if not you will still meet plenty of pilgrims coming up from Tui and Porto.

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
  1. I am in Santiago now, came in from the vdlp. Looking for people who are up to walking to Porto via blue arrows tomorrow oct 5. Flight home is from Porto.
Cheers
Wish I were there ro join you. I'd love to walk on to Porto! I did visit that beautiful city last June, but by car...not nearly as special as walking. All the Camino addicts will relate.

Levi

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2015
VDLP 2016
Portuguese March 2017
Sanabres September 2017
Hi Terry! Sorry we didn't see you in Santiago (although we'll be back there tomorrow). Best wishes 're walking to Porto.

Advertisment

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June