• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

School work/Summer school during the Camino...

ilovelife

So I'm currently in third year of my university degree. I have registered to do an 'easy' online course beginning May 07 and ending July 25. My Camino will commence late April and end late June. This means that if I choose to keep this course and complete it I will have to use a computer once a week, every week, during my entire Camino. I know almost all albergues have Weefee and that internet access won't be an issue. However, is the speed of internet an issue? This I don't know.

I believe that I can handle the course and do the Camino at the same time. But from other people's perspectives that have completed their Camino's in the past, is this a realistic venture to carry out?

Obviously I would like to dedicate my entire time to strictly enjoying my Camino and not worry about school. The reason I am doing this course is so that my workload come September will be a lot lighter and manageable.

I guess what I am really wondering is if anyone has done something similar like this during their Camino.

Thanks.
Antonio.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Are you going to need a computer to use? Or are you bringing a tablet? I believe finding a computer to use may be difficult, and they are time limited sessions I think. More and more Pilgrims have a device so the need for an albergue to have a computer available for use is decreasing. Often the Wifi is available in the reception area, so it may be noisy too. But, it probably is doable. Good luck!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'll be doing something similar, unfortunately. I was offered a wonderful freelance job at the last minute that clashes with my Camino, so I'm just going to have to set some time aside once a week to do that. I'll be bringing my tablet along so that i don't have to rely on computers/wait for line ups/etc but it makes me a bit nervous doing so. I don't think you'll have a problem with it though.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back