• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Second Verse to Alagria same as the first could get better.

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
I will be arriving in Le Puy March 20 leaving soon after...however...a quick look at the weather forecast and climatic conditions are causing second thoughts. Will be snow on the ground probably a lovely hard slush and frozen mud path waiting to help this this pilgrim from Jerusalem who has but rarely seen snow and who has never walked in the stuff to repent for his many transgressions. There are no Jewish Esquimos we seem to be lacking that gene for sub-zero survival. I am considering a bus to say Saint Chely d'Aubrac and walk down the plateau from there or maybe Conques and to return for the Aubrac later. Anyone have an idea concerning bus timetables? The French Train website does not recognize either Saint Chely or Conques. The other option is to walk alongside the roads which will be cleared but that is not an option I would freely choose. Easter on the Camino is marvelous and the snow will not prevent me from being there however this year coming so early it will be cold a small price to pay.
S

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Scruffy,

For bus lines (lignes de buses) near Aubrac and Le Puy en Velay try both these two sites >> http://www.francesurf.net/lignes-de...ozere/aumont-aubrac/index,11,48,3351,4780.htm and http://www.francesurf.net/lignes-de...oire/le-puy-en-velay/index,3,43,1093,4780.htm.

You might also contact the Puy en Velay tourist office. Here is their official site >> http://www.ot-lepuyenvelay.fr/histoire-et-patrimoine/soyez-les-bienvenus.html.

Be sure to pack your woolies!

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone! Well.. one week from today will begin my walk across France and Spain. I see a number of posts regarding a wave of walkers and room accommodation limitations. I am one who is...
Hi. Here's a problem to which I can't find a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received! Last October I walked from Le Puy to Conques, but had to return home due to a family crisis. I'm very...
Hi everyone, I’m currently on the GR 65 going from Le Puy to Conques. I walked this camino in 2014 and now I find myself not recognizing a single bit of literally anything and I’m wondering if...
hallo. We have been using La Malle Postale to transfer our luggage each night from Le Puy en Velay. We have bad backs. They have been a great company and very reliable. Unfortunately we have just...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back