• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seeking a walking companion for May of 2016

Buku butterfly

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring of 2016
I am walking the entire trek come May, 2016, commencing in France. I am a 50 yr old woman from Utah, USA. Would love a friend to share it with and someone to converse with on the trail and to share the cost of private rooms and maybe some meals!! I don't eat a lot. We can be each others photographers!!! I hike and walk a lot in my weekly routine so planning on 15 to 20 miles/day.

Thanks. Anyone interested??
Crepe Suzette.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am walking the entire trek come May, 2016, commencing in France. I am a 50 yr old woman from Utah, USA. Would love a friend to share it with and someone to converse with on the trail and to share the cost of private rooms and maybe some meals!! I don't eat a lot. We can be each others photographers!!! I hike and walk a lot in my weekly routine so planning on 15 to 20 miles/day.

Crepe Suzette.

Hi, Buku: How wonderful that you are walking the Camino in 2016. I walked at age 70 in 2010 from St. Jean to Santiago. Unlike you, I walked alone by choice but I observed the wonderful cameraderie of walking partners. (Although occasionally I observed walking partners bickering) I wish you an excellent walking partner, and good health the whole way. You might read my book Grandma's on the Camino, a detailed account of the 50-day walk which details the physical and spiritual aspects of my experience.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Buku, I will be starting from SJP in May too. I am 56 from Sydney Aust. I planned on staying in hostels most of the time but would probably like to have one night a week in private accom. I am trying not to pre plan anything on my Camino but I would love to meet up with you along the way. I also hike and walk a lot but not sure that I will do 20 miles a day. My aim is to slow down everything I do and to make my Camino last as long as possible. I have time to play around with so will take each day as it comes.
Lets stay in touch.
Julie

Hi Buku, I will be starting from SJP in May too. I am 56 from Sydney Aust. I planned on staying in hostels most of the time but would probably like to have one night a week in private accom. I am trying not to pre plan anything on my Camino but I would love to meet up with you along the way. I also hike and walk a lot but not sure that I will do 20 miles a day. My aim is to slow down everything I do and to make my Camino last as long as possible. I have time to play around with so will take each day as it comes.
Lets stay in touch.
Julie
How're ya going?
Nice to hear from you and to make your acquaintance Julie.
I am also planning on the most budget of accomodations, municipal hostels or homestays (if available). I just hope to be able to experience all types of accomodations to receive the full Camino experience.
I probably won't walk 20 miles/day very often but for sure 15. I hope to stay in all the bigger cities for a few days break so as to tour the city and take a break from walking all day. I am looking into researching the El Camino Portuguese also and doing it after the Spain route. I was heading to Portugal afterwards anyways.
Thanks for writing. Do please keep in touch. Keep me apprised of your itinerary so we can make it happen and meet on the pilgrimage!!
Suzette- Buku butterfly.
My personal email is. thecrepeonfire@yahoo.com

Crepe Suzette.

Hello @Buku butterfly (I love the Crepe Suzette) I am also walking in May. However, I will be starting in Logrono and I am looking to hook up with people that have started - communicating with a few on this forum - hoping to find out the dates of those arriving in Logrono (which is 7 days from St Jean...I did that part this past May) to continue walking with to Santiago. 15-20 miles per day is 24-32km - how many days do you plan to complete your journey?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello @Buku butterfly (I love the Crepe Suzette) I am also walking in May. However, I will be starting in Logrono and I am looking to hook up with people that have started - communicating with a few on this forum - hoping to find out the dates of those arriving in Logrono (which is 7 days from St Jean...I did that part this past May) to continue walking with to Santiago. 15-20 miles per day is 24-32km - how many days do you plan to complete your journey?
Hi.
Thanks for writing.
I hope to have my walk commence by the end of April/first of May. I also will be walking 15 to 20 miles/day. I hope to complete my pilgrimage within a month and a half, with layovers for site seeing.
Are you hiking solo?
I am Suzette. My personal email is: thecrepeonfire@yahoo.com
Where are you from?

Hi everyone,

I will be starting my third Camino in SJPP on May 18th and plan to get to Santiago around 20th June before walking on to Muxia and Finisterre.

Always happy to share my walk for a few minutes, a few hours, a few days or even more!

Buen Camino to you all,

Mike

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Crepe Suzette.
Hi BB :)

I move 22 May from SJPP. In your offer, there are good things, perhaps we can agree something. If it suits my date, let make a plan. :)

I leave SJPP end of April so hopefully will meet you all along the Way. I am not going to do the Camino in 30 days like last time...shall meander, take my time....so shall see you somewhere!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back