• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SEPT '07 PILGRIM

Eagle

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Franceis '07, Camino Portugues '10, Camino Franceis Sept '12
HELLO PILGRIMS -

I WILL BE STARING THE CAMINO FROM RONCESVALLES SEPT 6 0R 7 DEPENDING ON HOW I RECOVER FROM JET LAG. I HOPE TO REACH SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA BY 10 OCT (MY 60TH BIRTHDAY). IN 2003 I WALKED 1000 MILES ON THE APPILACHIAN TRAIL. IT IS MUCH DIFFERENT HIKING ON THE CAMINO BUT MAYBE SOMETHINGS I LEARNED ON THE AT AND SOME OF THE LIGHT GEAR I HAVE WILL SERVE ME WELL.

IF ANYONE IS LEAVING ABOUT THE SAME TIME I AM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

BUEN CAMINO, EAGLE (AT TRAIL NAME)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Eagle.
I will be walking from SJPP on the 18 or 19th of Aug and expect to take it easy. Maybe you will reach me at some point. I hope to reach Finisterra by the 8th or 9th.
Have fun
Lillian :wink:

Hi Lillian,

Do you mean 8th/9th of September or October at Fisterra? If you are going to take it easy, I doubt if you can walk the distance in less than a month, unless you'll skip a section. Walking SJPP-Fisterra 18 Aug to 08 Oct would be fun though!

Mark

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Eagle,

I begin my Camino (with my sister in law - Elizabeth) on August 4th from Le Puy. If all goes well we should be leaving Roncevalles around the 5th September. We plan to have a rest day in Pamplona and then I will go on to SdC alone. May see you on the path.

Best wishes. Janet

Hello! Maybe I meet you? I start from St Jean Pied de Port with my mother the 6th september, so we hopefully come to Roncesvalles in the afternoon that day.

If we don't meet:
Buen camino! :)

OOPS!! Yeah, Mark... that would be in October, so yes, I will get to go easy. Hope to make new acquaintances, friends, experiences without feeling rushed to get to the end.
I will take a little detour to Bilbao to meet the mother of a woman here in Tally whose baby I caught and who wants to thank me by making some regional foods. I could not pass that up!! Still, that gives me plenty of time on the Camino. GAWD!! I cannot wait!!
:lol:
Lillian

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Lillian,

When you're in Bilbao don't forget the Museo Guggenheim. And get a 'sello' from the Catedral de Santiago at the Casco Viejo. If you're carrying an AUJ (Accreditacion Universidad Jacobea) credencial you can get sellos from the 2 university campuses in town.

Mark

Hello Nellas,

The Camino works in odd ways sometimes and I well remember my last Camino some of the co-incidences with regard to meeting peoiple. There is every chance that we may meet.

Buen Camino, Janet

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back