• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September departure

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, Buen Camino @Flahertyboy. If you are in or near Sydney there is a pilgrims meeting this Saturday, at Cheers Bar, see here for details.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the update, would have liked to attend. Finding it hard to stay focused at work!

Matt , from Australia, leaving st Jean September 18, can’t believe how soon it’s come around. Super excited

Welcome to the Forum, Matt :)

I'll also be starting out from SJPdP on that date, too. I am looking forward to the walk to Roncesvalles and hope that it is a gorgeous fall day like it was last year when I went. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome to the Forum, Matt :)

I'll also be starting out from SJPdP on that date, too. I am looking forward to the walk to Roncesvalles and hope that it is a gorgeous fall day like it was last year when I went. :)
Excellent Dave, have you booked accommodation for the first few days? Hopefully the heat wave will have eased

I booked accommodations in both SJPdP and the albergue at Roncesvalles, as those are both crowded locations. Beyond that, I don't plan on booking anything else ahead. :)

I booked accommodations in both SJPdP and the albergue at Roncesvalles, as those are both crowded locations. Beyond that, I don't plan on booking anything else ahead. :)
No worries I’ll keep a look out for you

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
No worries I’ll keep a look out for you

Just look for one of these patches on my backpack (from Ivar's Forum Store) :)

342xNxpilgrim-badge_1024x1024.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Matt, best wishes for your Camino! I’m from Sydney too and have my plans set for Sept next. What’s your entry point into Europe? Looking forward to reading about your journey. Mary

Hi Matt, best wishes for your Camino! I’m from Sydney too and have my plans set for Sept next. What’s your entry point into Europe? Looking forward to reading about your journey. Mary
Hi Mary flying to Barcelona from Melbourne (car from Albury) -with Etihad via Amsterdam..early train to Pamplona then bus probably . Will keep you posted!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Matt, I too will begin walking from SJPD on the 18th, I hope to meet you!
Hi Linda ,good luck with your final prep and training .as I said before... I can’t really concentrate at work. Running schedule and travel arrangements around my head all the time! Are you arriving from France or Spain?

Matt , from Australia, leaving st Jean September 18, can’t believe how soon it’s come around. Super excited

Hey Matt

I will be leaving SJPD a day before you (17th). Hopefully, I'll catch you somewhere along the way. Can't believe it's only 3 weeks away. Trying to stay focused on finishing my dissertation is definitely a challenge.

Cheers
Lynray

Hey Matt

I will be leaving SJPD a day before you (17th). Hopefully, I'll catch you somewhere along the way. Can't believe it's only 3 weeks away. Trying to stay focused on finishing my dissertation is definitely a challenge.

Cheers
Lynray
Sounds great , aiming for Pamplona on Thursday 20th will play it by ear after that , good luck with final preparations and finishing study. A bit worried about jet lag, I think 24 hours actual flying. trying to rest a lot and stay healthy in the final couple of weeks

Sounds great , aiming for Pamplona on Thursday 20th will play it by ear after that , good luck with final preparations and finishing study. A bit worried about jet lag, I think 24 hours actual flying. trying to rest a lot and stay healthy in the final couple of weeks

Great. Yeah, I should still be in Pamplona on the 20th. I'm sure you'll be fine, flying west is always better than flying east. I'll be coming from London, so no jetlag for me haha. All the best on the rest of your preparations too.

Hi Dave, how or where do get this badge?
Look at the top of the page for "Forum Store". Click on that menu button. Once the 'Store' site opens, look for 'Misc.' on the top menu bar. Click on it. in the drop down list which opens, go to 'Badges'. You should see it there. :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Look at the top of the page for "Forum Store". Click on that menu button. Once the 'Store' site opens, look for 'Misc.' on the top menu bar. Click on it. in the drop down list which opens, go to 'Badges'. You should see it there. :)
Thanks Dave, just ordered it! Hoping it arrives in Dublin before next weekend (leave on 8th)

Just look for one of these patches on my backpack (from Ivar's Forum Store) :)

342xNxpilgrim-badge_1024x1024.jpg
Dave, thanks for the link to the badge, just ordered. Works out around 7 yo-yo with delivery and tax to UK & Eire. It'll go well with my Camino Society Ireland badge and my intention is to sew both on to my pack when I arrive into St Jean in the 8th, walking on 9th September. Buen Camino!

Attachments

• IMG_20180821_230942426.jpg
    IMG_20180821_230942426.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 4
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks Dave, just ordered it! Hoping it arrives in Dublin before next weekend (leave on 8th)

Walking Mad, just ordered mine too and leaving same date so will keep an eye out for your badge. Don't worry, it'll get to me on time therefore I expect you'll receive it too. Just visualise it already on your bag. The Universe will take care of the rest. Buen Camino!

Hi Matt, know how you feel and my intention is too take it easy, stop as often as I can too savour and connect. Time fly's when having fun, Buen Camino!

Walking Mad, just ordered mine too and leaving same date so will keep an eye out for your badge. Don't worry, it'll get to me on time therefore I expect you'll receive it too. Just visualise it already on your bag. The Universe will take care of the rest. Buen Camino!
Great to finally be going, will keep a lookout too !

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.