A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

SIM cards in Santiago de Compostela

lbpierce

Linda Breen Pierce
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
This year I will start my Camino in Santiago and I'm having the hardest time finding phone stores or company stores (via online research) where I can buy a Vodafone or Orange SIM card in the old town. Looks like there are a few places some distance away. As I will be jet lagged, I was hoping to find something in town. Anyone know of a source in the old town? Muchas gracias!

Advertisment

tominrm

Hiking to Celebrate the End of Working Life.
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2014)
del Norte ( 2015)
Portuguese ( 2016)
Primitivo ( 2017)
VdlP (2018)
Don't get Vodafone. I had been using Orange in the last two years and decided to use Vodafone because it has good reputation in other countries. Now I do not have service it's coverage in small city is poor. Internet service is poor.
Get Orange!

lbpierce

Linda Breen Pierce
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Both have stores very near Praza de Galicia.
Thanks. Strange that the vodafone web site did not show this location but Google maps does. I just didn't know if I could trust it or if Vodafone may have closed that store.

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
Don't get Vodafone. I had been using Orange in the last two years and decided to use Vodafone because it has good reputation in other countries. Now I do not have service it's coverage in small city is poor. Internet service is poor.
Get Orange!
Actually I have used Vodafone for YEARS with absolutely no problem at all with internet or phone service, all along various routes, including the Frances, Madrid, VDLP, Aragones, and other places in Spain. Easy to "up" at any tobacco store and many markets, and there are Vodafone stores everywhere, sometimes just city blocks apart.

Advertisment

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Thanks. Strange that the vodafone web site did not show this location but Google maps does. I just didn't know if I could trust it or if Vodafone may have closed that store.
It was open in March!! The usual Spanish hours, though.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%