A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

SJPDD to Ronsecvalles

omar504

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
I am roncesvalles at the moment and thought people should know that the alberque has a notice saying it does not have sheets or blankets and "a sleeping bag is obligatory" its also bloody cold at 1 klm up so you need one.also Brierley says fill up on water at sjpdd which is bad advise as there are 3 water points before the top
he also says there is no food here but the 2 hotels do pilgrims menus
and yes the climb is very very hard without someone telling yo to load up on water

Advertisment

WolverineDG

Veteran Member
Donating Member
I believe the fountains along the Route Napoleon are dependent upon the amount of rainfall the area receives, so they can go dry at times. :)

Kelly

windeatt

Blankets at Roncevalles

We saw the notice at Roncevalles too and felt very smug cos we had both sheet and warm sleeping bags BUT we then saw that those people who didn't were able to borrow blankets . . . certainly several people sleeping round us were under blankets . . . I guess you just need to ask.

I really liked the albergue - I loved the music and the gloom on entry. The only disadvantage was that there was only one women's shower and two wash basins for all the millions of women staying there - so there was a lot of queuing.

I also thoroughly enjoyed my pilgrim meal of trout in the hotel above.

Windy

Advertisment

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June