Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

SJPDD to Ronsecvalles

D

Deleted member 397

I am roncesvalles at the moment and thought people should know that the alberque has a notice saying it does not have sheets or blankets and "a sleeping bag is obligatory" its also bloody cold at 1 klm up so you need one.also Brierley says fill up on water at sjpdd which is bad advise as there are 3 water points before the top
he also says there is no food here but the 2 hotels do pilgrims menus
and yes the climb is very very hard without someone telling yo to load up on water

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

Javier

Roncesvalles this afternoon

Today in Roncesvalles. Cold and fog..........

Inside Colegiata
p4220005nz6.jpg

Alto Ibañeta
p4220015fz5.jpg

p4220016cj8.jpg

Buen Camino

windeatt

Blankets at Roncevalles

We saw the notice at Roncevalles too and felt very smug cos we had both sheet and warm sleeping bags BUT we then saw that those people who didn't were able to borrow blankets . . . certainly several people sleeping round us were under blankets . . . I guess you just need to ask.

I really liked the albergue - I loved the music and the gloom on entry. The only disadvantage was that there was only one women's shower and two wash basins for all the millions of women staying there - so there was a lot of queuing.

I also thoroughly enjoyed my pilgrim meal of trout in the hotel above.

Windy

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads