Sleeping bag in October/November

Camryn Mcgrath

Jan 18, 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014); Camino Frances (2015)
Hi All,

Am going away for my second Camino this year in Early October/November. What i'm not sure about is if a sleeping bag will be needed. I used a sleeping bag liner on my first camino, however, obviously it will be alot colder at the time of year I am going this time.

Does anyone have experience if sleeping bags are needed at this time while sleeping in albergues?

Thanks!
Camryn

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

jdpiguet

Mar 8, 2010
Thun, Switzerland
Past? Not enough.
Future? Sure!
Hello Camryn,

I was on the Camino Frances last year at the same period with my 16 years old son.
We were very happy to have our sleeping bags: several mornings, the temperature was below 0°C in Galicia.
Some albergue are not heated...

So it depends of how "warm" you are and what kind of clothes you are wearing durinf the night!

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Cam1952

www.camcamino.com
Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
www.camcamino.com
Frances 2013 & 2017
Portuguese 2019
May 2023
I was on the CF in September through October 2013. I started with a silk liner based on the advice collected by various sources. My second night in Roncesvalles was very uncomfortable.....(cold) someone had decided to leave a window open.
A couple of days later I decided to purchase a small, lightweight sleeping bag in Pamplona. Although I didn't need this bag every night I remember toward the end of my Camino in Galicia asking for a blanket and using this with my sleeping bag.
My advice is take a lightweight bag.....better than checking into an unheated albergue, with no blankets available.
Buen Camino....stay warm.

Reactions: Barbara Venter
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
Hello. I am considering walking the Camino for the first time this fall, probably beginning the third week of September in St. Jean. But I keep reading about how crowded the Camino is, including...
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
Just after 9am this morning I turned the last corner of the Camino Frances and stood in front of the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela!! It's been 33 days since I left Saint Jean Pied de Port...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides