A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Some Luggage Transfer Questions

Camino(s) past & future
April 2017 Sarria to Santiago de Compostela
I am planning to do the remaining part of my Camino next April. The previous occasion this year I used a travel company who organised my accommodation and luggage transfer but I'm sufficiently OK with what to do now I can arrange my own accommodation.

My questions are about luggage transfer, which I will need. Jacotrans was the company before and they were excellent.

1.Doing it myself, how do I arrange with them pick up and delivery locations if I don't know in advance only know where I'll be?
2. Is it enough to get them to pick up at place A on the first day and just fill in their envelope for the delivery to place B the next day?
3. In other words, do I just give them my first day details and then each day the envelope tells them where to deliver next time?

These questions might seem unclear but I know what I'm trying to say!!!

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
Yes @Mack - 2. and 3. applies - at every albergue and accommodation provider on the camino you will find envelopes to fill in and put on your luggage each morning. Nominate somewhere that you will definitely reach that day.

I strongly recommend that you take as little as possible, put everything in a pack that you can carry if necessary, so that if you decide to walk a little further than you had planned, you just pick up your pack from where it was delivered, and carry it with you. Having a pack that is "carry on" legal on aircraft is a bonus. No waiting for the luggage to come off the plane.

MichelleO

Camino(s) past & future
Aug/Sept 2018
We used Camino Comodo. They use WhatsApp. So with Google Translate we had our to/from spiel and just modified the drop off/pick up Albergues. Worked fine for just €3 a day.

Camino(s) past & future
This upcoming May 31st through July 1st approximately.
I am planning to do the remaining part of my Camino next April. The previous occasion this year I used a travel company who organised my accommodation and luggage transfer but I'm sufficiently OK with what to do now I can arrange my own accommodation.

My questions are about luggage transfer, which I will need. Jacotrans was the company before and they were excellent.

1.Doing it myself, how do I arrange with them pick up and delivery locations if I don't know in advance only know where I'll be?
2. Is it enough to get them to pick up at place A on the first day and just fill in their envelope for the delivery to place B the next day?
3. In other words, do I just give them my first day details and then each day the envelope tells them where to deliver next time?

These questions might seem unclear but I know what I'm trying to say!!!
We compared Jacotrans and Camino Facile and found Camino Facile slightly more accommodating and a little cheaper.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.6%