A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Special credential for VDLP

Camino Badges

stuart bell

Camino(s) past & future
walked Camino Frances in April/May 2017
planning to walk Via de la Plata in April/May 2020
Is there a special credencial for the Via de la Plata route? If so, where do I get hold of one?

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
All the routes that end in SdC shares the same Compostela...
You might be thinking of the special certificate from Santiago to Muxia.....
This route is not to be included in the standard Compostela....

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
When I walked the VdP in 2008 I got my credencial from the Association´s Office in Seville (now Calle de Castilla 82). It looked like the ordinary credencial but showed a map of the VdP on the back.

This year I got my credencial at Seville, too, from Triana backpackers, but that was the ordinary one.

In Salamanca I needed a new one and got one from the albergue there. It is orange and A2-size and shows a map of the VdP via Camino Sanabrés in which you can put stamps of the relevant cities along the way. It is very nice, but I am not quite sure, if they will accept it in the pilgrims office in Santiago, as it differs much from the "normal" credencial.

BC
Alexandra

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015, CPo 2016, VDLP[Sev-Các] 2017, VDLP[Các-Sal] 2018
When I walked the VdP in 2008 I got my credencial from the Association´s Office in Seville (now Calle de Castilla 82). It looked like the ordinary credencial but showed a map of the VdP on the back.

This year I got my credencial at Seville, too, from Triana backpackers, but that was the ordinary one.

In Salamanca I needed a new one and got one from the albergue there. It is orange and A2-size and shows a map of the VdP via Camino Sanabrés in which you can put stamps of the relevant cities along the way. It is very nice, but I am not quite sure, if they will accept it in the pilgrims office in Santiago, as it differs much from the "normal" credencial.

BC
Alexandra
When I was working in the office this year I did come across an unofficial credential which I think was from salamanca, not sure of it was the same one (this one had a named space for each stage e.g. one space said Salamanca to El Cubo, the next el Cubo to Zamora etc etc). The pilgrims in question were refused a Compostela for other reasons but it was also communicated to them that the credential was not an official one and so would have been an issue (had they actually fulfilled the criteria to get a Compostela).
I would have expected though that the Salamanca albergue (the one beside the garden) would have had official credentials...

Raggy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Mozarabe Almeria (2017)
Cherhill to Canterbury - Pilgrims' Way (2018)
Via Francigena (2019)
420 x 594 mm? It must be an Australian credencial - Folded vertically into eight columns and horizontally into six rows, it will have 48 sections (10cm X 5cm). Allowing for a front and back cover, that's 94 sides with space for about 8 stamps on each side ... for a total of 752 stamps. If you walk an average of 24km/day, you've got space for one stamp per day from Sydney to Sarria and two per day from Sarria to Santiago. What a great souvenir ... Big disappointment when the pilgrims office denies you the Compostela, though.

Seriously, though, what on earth is an albergue doing, selling unofficial credencials?

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%