Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stamping in Oviedo's Cathedral on a Saturday

Francesinhus

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo next, July 2023
Hello there!

I will be starting the Camino Primitivo on July 2nd (Sunday), arriving to Oviedo on the previous day, by bus, around 4:30pm.
As I would like that the first stamp on my credencial is the Cathedral's, do you happen to know if I can get a stamp there Saturday around 5:00pm or Sunday early in the morning?
Checking Oviedo's Cathedral website, they are closed for touristic visits on Sundays and open until 5:00pm on Saturdays. There is, however, a mass at 6:30pm on Saturday.
Thanks in advance. Bom Caminho!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In the past, I have been able to get a stamp on Sunday in the sacristy after Mass.
Hi El Cascayal, thanks for the feedback. The thing is, I have do leave Oviedo before Sunday's Mass, that starts at 10am. Maybe after Saturday's Mass I will deal it! Bom Caminho!

Hi El Cascayal, thanks for the feedback. The thing is, I have do leave Oviedo before Sunday's Mass, that starts at 10am. Maybe after Saturday's Mass I will deal it! Bom Caminho!
Saturday Vigil Mass is 5pm sorry corrected 6:30pm so you should have no problem. I see you say it is closed at 5 on Saturday, but this would mean closed for visitors because of Mass. So will be 'open' for prayer until after the eveneing Mass. Can you go straight there?
Buen Camino

Last edited:
Saturday Vigil Mass is 5pm sorry corrected 6:30pm so you should have no problem. I see you say it is closed at 5 on Saturday, but this would mean closed for visitors because of Mass. So will be 'open' for prayer until after the eveneing Mass. Can you go straight there?
Buen Camino
Hi Timr, yes, as soon as I arrive to Oviedo Bus Terminal, I will head for the Cathedral, it's on the way to the hostel! :)
Bom Caminho!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Francesinhus,
Did you manage to get your credencial stamped in the cathedral either late Saturday evening or early Sunday as I will have the same problem on my arrival this May?
I will arrive about 6pm Sat and was hoping to set off early on Sunday.
Many thanks
Scott

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back