• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stamps in Sarria when need to rest?

PiM1

Time of past OR future Camino
Currently in Burgos, started first Camino
Here I am in Sarria and out of nowhere this massive blisters pops up!!! All the way from SJPP without major hassles. I got two stamps yesterday, but unable to walk any further deceided to go with flow and stay put for 4 days ... lucky still able to book accom. and also have time ...
Do I still need to get two stamps per day or do I just re-enter Camino a few days later.
Thanks for help and buen blister free camino to everyone.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As long as you have 2 stamps per day after you leave Sarria, you will be fine. You are still 100+ km out of Santiago and you need 2 stamps per day in that last 100 km. If you are taking rest days, simply state that if you are asked at the pilgrim office.
Thank so much for your quick reply now I can relax

Here I am in Sarria and out of nowhere this massive blisters pops up!!! All the way from SJPP without major hassles. I got two stamps yesterday, but unable to walk any further deceided to go with flow and stay put for 4 days ... lucky still able to book accom. and also have time ...
Do I still need to get two stamps per day or do I just re-enter Camino a few days later.
Thanks for help and buen blister free camino to everyone.
I can completely emphasize with you regarding large blisters. I would recommend that you open up those blisters so they can drain and dry out. After you begin walking again, apply pharmaceutical tape over the blisters. Remove the tape at the end of the walking day making sure they don’t fill up again and continue to heal.

And regarding stamps, you only need to collect the two per day when you walk. As long as you walk the complete last 100 km, it doesn’t matter what speed you go at or how many rest days you take. In my numerous trips to the Pilgrim’s Office, my credentials have never been closely scrutinized. Nonetheless, just make sure you have no gaps in this final stretch into SdC. Felicitaciones!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I can completely emphasize with you regarding large blisters. I would recommend that you open up those blisters so they can drain and dry out. After you begin walking again, apply pharmaceutical tape over the blisters. Remove the tape at the end of the walking day making sure they don’t fill up again and continue to heal.

And regarding stamps, you only need to collect the two per day when you walk. As long as you walk the complete last 100 km, it doesn’t matter what speed you go at or how many rest days you take. In my numerous trips to the Pilgrim’s Office, my credentials have never been closely scrutinized. Nonetheless, just make sure you have no gaps in this final stretch into SdC. Felicitaciones!
Thanks this all makes sense ... when well enough to walk ... well enough to get stamps ... phew ...

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Regarding the blisters, last year I had a terrible open blister on the ball of my foot while walking Le Chemin de St Jacques in France on my way to Pamplona. So bad that I went to a Doctor in Cahors, France. He made sure it wasn’t infected and “prescribed” antiseptic spray, square small bandages with some padding ( not the blister bandaids), athletic tape to wrap around the bandaid and my foot) and a positive attitude which thankfully, I had! I took one day off and continued to walk. I cleaned it every night, slept without the bandage to let it start to dry, and every morning, cleaned it again, applied the bandage, wrapped my foot, applied Nuk cream to both feet, and went my merry way. After about a week, there was no pain and I was good to go. I hope this year I remain blister free, but if not, I know what to do! Buen Camino!

Regarding the blisters, last year I had a terrible open blister on the ball of my foot while walking Le Chemin de St Jacques in France on my way to Pamplona. So bad that I went to a Doctor in Cahors, France. He made sure it wasn’t infected and “prescribed” antiseptic spray, square small bandages with some padding ( not the blister bandaids), athletic tape to wrap around the bandaid and my foot) and a positive attitude which thankfully, I had! I took one day off and continued to walk. I cleaned it every night, slept without the bandage to let it start to dry, and every morning, cleaned it again, applied the bandage, wrapped my foot, applied Nuk cream to both feet, and went my merry way. After about a week, there was no pain and I was good to go. I hope this year I remain blister free, but if not, I know what to do! Buen Camino!
A positive attitude always helps ... now with time on hand I started my Journal ... the one I wanted to do weeks ago ... ha ha ...

If…when you come to my window at the Pilgrims Office in september next, I will closely scrutinize your credential 😊

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).

Most read last week in this forum

Hi .. idly thinking and was wondering what sort of restrictions (personal lifestyle/ethics choices) you may drop when on Camino. Par ex: I rarely ever drink coffee - too much caffeine for me .. a...
Been binging on Rob's Camino YouTube page in prep for my own trek and he oftentimes says something along the lines of "For those who want to get their passport stamped..." which led me to wonder...
Please share your stories of Camino miracles that you experienced. I’ll be there this Fall and those stories get me motivated!❤️ Thank you Deenise
Just idle tboughts Wondering if in France and other surrounding countries that if there is an english barrier-s but not Spanish? Guessing the closer you get the better the outlook on that?
I belive to get the compostela one needs to have walked the last 100km and got two stamps per day. When was this rule introduced and was it controversial? Also, if someone has walked from St Jean...
Hello! My mom and I will be walking the Norte in September/October. I'd like to start a small blog to catalog our journey, and for our family back home to keep up with where we are/what we're...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.