A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Starting albergue

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese way April 2017
French way April 2018
Hi,

I was wondering if any people are interested in opening a Albergue on the Camino, or looking for business partners. Take over a existing one and so on. You can contact me privately

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese way April 2017
French way April 2018

Colette Zaharie

Happy Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF-Fisterre-Muxia March 2017
Slovakia Camino Kosiče-Levoča Oct 2017
El Norte March 1 2018
Hi,

I was wondering if any people are interested in opening a Albergue on the Camino, or looking for business partners. Take over a existing one and so on. You can contact me privately
PLease post on Facebook CAMIGAS page. A woman is seriously looking for a place and partner at this time.

Advertisment

Colette Zaharie

Happy Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF-Fisterre-Muxia March 2017
Slovakia Camino Kosiče-Levoča Oct 2017
El Norte March 1 2018

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
The Via de la Plata needs more albergues. Don’t only look at the Camino Francés which seems to be saturated.
Kanga, forgive me for going off topic: I just have had this vision of you tripping the light fantastic along the Camino... wearing your fascinator! Hard to see because of the angle of your red brolly!

Kanga

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
Ah, and today at Tábara I followed my own advice and went to the local peluquería. Shampoo, conditioner, cut, blow dry and hand massage - all for the princely sum of €9. I recommend it to all peregrinas sometime during your walk, no matter which route. It feels great and puts a little money into the local economy - and usually to a woman. If you speak Spanish you also find out all the local gossip!

Off topic.

David Tallan

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - central from Oporto (2018 - planned)
Ah, and today at Tábara I followed my own advice and went to the local peluquería. Shampoo, conditioner, cut, blow dry and hand massage - all for the princely sum of €9. I recommend it to all peregrinas sometime during your walk, no matter which route. It feels great and puts a little money into the local economy - and usually to a woman. If you speak Spanish you also find out all the local gossip!

Off topic.
Off topic? That's it. I'm reporting you to a moderator!

LTfit

Veteran Member
Donating Member
The Via de la Plata needs more albergues. Don’t only look at the Camino Francés which seems to be saturated.
This may be true but the issue on the Plata is the short walking season. I've walked it in June, July, October and February and there were only a handful of pilgrims walking, in the summer even less. If your desire is to live on the Plata and you don't need the income then the Plata may be an option but it would be tough staying afloot. Albergues on the Plata need the top months of April/May and September - those are pretty much the only months in which they fill up - to pay the bills.

If you look at the growth in the Plata over the last 7 or 8 years you see that it has lagged behind all the others, yearly statistics haven't changed much. So it is the old story of the chicken and the egg. I believe that this also applies to the Levante.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June