• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting at SJDP and walking to Burgos

Tee

Time of past OR future Camino
I walked from Ponferrada to Santiago in 200&
is it possible to fly out of Burgos back to either Madird or Paris to get back to the States. I will be walking for 14 days and very much would to to start at SJDP realizing there are many ways to get there. I will be flying out of Charlotte NC. Just concerned with getting back to states from that stage in Burgos
Thanks for any and all help I did walk from Ponferrado to Santiago in 2009 but Camino is calling once again

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
is it possible to fly out of Burgos back to either Madird or Paris to get back to the States

AFAIK, out of Burgos airport, there are only flights to Barcelona (with Air Nostrum, take a look at the web of Iberia for info about schedules and fares). From Barcelona, you could fly back to the states (e.g.: with American Airlines).

A better alternative might be to take a bus or train from Burgos to Madrid and to fly out of Madrid. Alsa has buses from Burgos to both Madrid airport (roughly 2 hours 30 minutes away) and downtown Madrid, take a look at their web for info about schedules and fares (and to purchase tickets if you want):

http://www.alsa.es/en

For train schedules, fares and ticket purchase, take a look at the web of RENFE (quicker trains take too roughly 2 hours 30 minutes but to Chamartín station in the downtown. You would need to get from that train station to the airport -for example, taking one of the commuting trains linking them. Those commuting trains run every 30 minutes-):

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tee. There are regular train services from Burgos to Madrid that should meet your needs and give you more flexibility than flights. A basic Google search will have informed you that there are no direct flights to either Madrid or Paris from Burgos other than a seasonal flight to Paris-Orly involving a stop-over in Barcelona.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I did the same in April / May 2013. The best way to Madrid is via the bus which can take you direct to the airport. The bus station is a short walk across the river from the cathedral. Good luck with your travels!

To look up the schedule of the direct buses from Burgos to Madrid airport, search with Barajas Terminal 4 for your destination. 19 or 25 Euros, 2.5 or 3 hours, easy peasy: www.alsa.es - and because it's a bus and not airport you don't have to get all the way to the airport, be there ahead of time, risk delays etc. The Burgos bus station is just across the river from the main square. 10 minutes max from the Cubo albergue perhaps.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
To look up the schedule of the direct buses from Burgos to Madrid airport, search with Barajas Terminal 4 for your destination. 19 or 25 Euros, 2.5 or 3 hours, easy peasy: www.alsa.es - and because it's a bus and not airport you don't have to get all the way to the airport, be there ahead of time, risk delays etc. The Burgos bus station is just across the river from the main square. 10 minutes max from the Cubo albergue perhaps.
Thanks so much everyone for your help

The train station was moved to the north side of Burgos several years ago, so the bus station is the only terminal convenient to downtown.

upload_2015-1-18_19-56-0.png

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back