• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Camino Frances April 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Aloha,
Will anyone be starting their Camino in SJPDP roughly 1st week in April? I'll be coming from Hawaii. I always look forward to meeting new folks!
Hope to start With brother, who has yet to complete, from Ponferrada last two weeks of April, just beware these dates clashes with Easter and May day.

Aloha,
Will anyone be starting their Camino in SJPDP roughly 1st week in April? I'll be coming from Hawaii. I always look forward to meeting new folks!
Jill: I just posted our date April 5 date on the calendar. Click it for more info if it is helpful. Cheers

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Aloha,
Not sure yet. Looking into options and a better understanding of the international COVID situation. Assuming I do proceed, I will more than likely be a month behind you. I am am considering starting the Camino Frances route such that I finish up in Santiago on my 65th birthday (June 20). I need to research this a bit more. Best wishes and buen camino!

Not sure yet. Looking into options and a better understanding of the international COVID situation. Assuming I do proceed, I will more than likely be a month behind you. I am am considering starting the Camino Frances route such that I finish up in Santiago on my 65th birthday (June 20). I need to research this a bit more. Best wishes and buen camino!
What a coincidence. I planned to end on my 65th in SdC on my 65th, June 16th.

Aloha,
I have tentative plans for April or May, I cancelled my planned Sept. of this year, due to the changing, almost daily covid restrictions, different in different countries.I am also in Hawaii.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What a coincidence. I planned to end on my 65th in SdC on my 65th, June 16th.
Hi Sharon. Perhaps we'll meet up on the Camino. If you haven't seen this thread already, someone else started a May/June 2022 thread. I plan to follow it closely. I'm particularly interested in weather tips. Being a Californian, I'm a bit freaked out by the possibility of spring rain. I need to be prepared with how to cope with it. Here's the thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-frances-may-june-2022.71726/#post-960711

I am planning to start from SJPdP the 2nd or the third of april .I walked the CF in 1999, that was my first camino. The decision been taken, I feel somehow that the camino has already begun. Earlier this week I shared a link for a documentary which did touch me. I would be a pleasure to meet.

Thank you for sharing, it was truly the best of all of the films and books I've reviewed! I hope others take the time to watch.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Aloha,
I was going to start at SJPP on 7 April but the Albergues I contacted do not open until later in the month. I am now going to Leon and starting there on 8 April and after SdC continuing on to Porto.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I was going to start at SJPP on 7 April but the Albergues I contacted do not open until later in the month. I am now going to Leon and starting there on 8 April and after SdC continuing on to Porto.
Safe Travels and Buen Camino!

Aloha,
We are planning to start on 5th April from SJPDP. It will be our first Camino after having to cancel in 2020. Training has started but keeping plans loose just in case.

We are planning to start on 5th April from SJPDP. It will be our first Camino after having to cancel in 2020. Training has started but keeping plans loose just in case.
I'm shooting over to the stunning Montserrat Monastary and staying a few days, planning on being back to SJPD on the 9th. In the ebb and flow of the Camino, perhaps we'll meet. Safe Journey & Buen Camino!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm shooting over to the stunning Montserrat Monastary and staying a few days, planning on being back to SJPD on the 9th. In the ebb and flow of the Camino, perhaps we'll meet. Safe Journey & Buen Camino!
I haven't been to the Abbey but it looks fantastic. I wish you a safe journey too, Buen Camino.

Aloha,
Hi, I’m planning to start walking from SJPDP within the first weekend of April. It depends on my jet lag as I’m coming from Sydney. See you there!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Aloha,
Hi!
I will be starting on April 6. I live in Alberta Canada but lived in Hawaii for 13 1/2 years. I lived in Kailua on the island of Oahu. I loved it there. I especially loved paddling and hiking. Hopefully we will cross paths on the Camino.

Buen Camino!

Hi!
I will be starting on April 6. I live in Alberta Canada but lived in Hawaii for 13 1/2 years. I lived in Kailua on the island of Oahu. I loved it there. I especially loved paddling and hiking. Hopefully we will cross paths on the Camino.

Buen Camino!
I will be doing a short stay at the Montserrat Monastery near Barcelona at your start time (I've always wanted to see it and walk the hills) but I do look forward to running into you and talking about Hawaii!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That sounds wonderful! Hope to see you out there!
Buen Camino!

I had a memorable Camino, starting in SJPP on April 6 2017… just make sure to book ahead during Semana Santa! Cool mornings and t shirt weather on the Meseta. (If you’re lucky!)

Oh yes! I remember hearing about Semana Santa. Thank you. Which route did you end up taking the first day? Thank know it’s a crapshoot lol… but just curious… Also, did you have much rain and did you take a down sleeping bag?

Thanks!
Jodi

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sorry about the typos…. I forget to proofread sometimes and silly auto correct gets me. Anyways I just looked and Semana Santa is from April 10 to the 17th so thank you very much for the reminder I will certainly keep that in mind I was hoping not to have to book in advance and just go with the flow but that might not be wise

Sorry about the typos…. I forget to proofread sometimes and silly auto correct gets me. Anyways I just looked and Semana Santa is from April 10 to the 17th so thank you very much for the reminder I will certainly keep that in mind I was hoping not to have to book in advance and just go with the flow but that might not be wise
Semana Santa was very busy in the non holy year (2017), so this year, with albergues at 50%, should require some careful planning. You might be as able to wing it afterwards.
To answer your weather question, I got absurdly lucky with almost no rain (but I would bring good rain gear. It can be fairly wet).

Semana Santa was very busy in the non holy year (2017), so this year, with albergues at 50%, should require some careful planning. You might be as able to wing it afterwards.
To answer your weather question, I got absurdly lucky with almost no rain (but I would bring good rain gear. It can be fairly wet).
Forgot to answer about first day route- it was the Napoleon to Roncevalles

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am planning to start from SJPdP the 2nd or the third of april .I walked the CF in 1999, that was my first camino. The decision been taken, I feel somehow that the camino has already begun. Earlier this week I shared a link for a documentary which did touch me. I would be a pleasure to meet.
My 15 year old son James and I will be starting from SJPDP on 3 April. We're flying in from Australia to Madrid on the 1st & then making our way over to SJPDP on the 2nd (any tips about this connection would be appreciated). Hope to see you on the way!

Aloha,
Hi, as noted elsewhere in this thread, my 15 year old son James and I will be starting from SJPDP on 3 April. We're flying in from Australia to Madrid on the 1st & then making our way over to SJPDP on the 2nd. Hope to see you on the way!

I will no longer be departing from SJJP on 4/10. I am postponing to next year.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, as noted elsewhere in this thread, my 15 year old son James and I will be starting from SJPDP on 3 April. We're flying in from Australia to Madrid on the 1st & then making our way over to SJPDP on the 2nd. Hope to see you on the way!
Great, let's keep a lookout for each other!

Aloha,
Hello-I will be starting April 11 from SJPDP. Safe travels. Will you stop in Orrison?

I will no longer be departing from SJJP on 4/10. I am postponing to next year.

I will be starting April 11 from SJPDP.
I will update this information on the list over on this thread, listing people who are starting the Camino in April.

It seems that people are confusing these two threads, so I will close this one. Once April begins, that other thread will become a place to report back, if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back