• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Camino Mozárabe from Almería in April

Switz60

Time of past OR future Camino
Levante, Invierno
Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?
You have chosen a lonely Camino. I walked it in April a few years ago and met 2 other pilgrims.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Most times I open the Facebook page for the Mozárabe ., Nely is seeing some new pilgrims off at their start from Almería. Ask Nely for the link to fb page . The route is becoming more travelled.
Buen camino.
Annie

Last edited:
I just finished on March 22 , 2024 and i met many pilgrams. Some days there was 4 or 5 in the albergues . Im sure you will not be alone.
Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Thomas
Admittedly leaving in late Oct /early November will be different to spring - however in 2022 there were many others walking - met mostly at the albergues . Remember, many nationalities will be walking but lots don’t speak English therefore your question on this English speaking forum will only reach a sample of those walking.

Hi I’m not starting until 9 th april and looking at the flooded rivers thinking of changing camino! What do you think of weather conditions?

Hi I’m not starting until 9 th april and looking at the flooded rivers thinking of changing camino! What do you think of weather conditions?
Hi Lynn, the weather is perfect for the next couple of days. Yes the rivers are a concern but passable in sandals. I will get an update this evening.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm starting on the 10th! Are you getting your pilgrims passport in Almeria? I was assuming I could get it from a local albergue or tourist office (like i did in Seville for the Via del plata) as I can see the official pilgrims office is only open Wednesday 6pm-8pm. @Switz60 is it very cold in the mornings? I like to set off fractionally before sunrise to appreciate the day kicking into action. When walking from Seville I found it to be chilly for a couple of hours so wore gloves and layers. I started this a similar time in April if i recall correctly. also, how much water do you find you are needing to carry with you?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back