• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting my Camino from SJPdP 15 May, 2015...anyone else starting then?

Peter Aulbury

Ozgrino
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances #1 by bike Pamplona to SdC May - June, 2014...(duration 14 days). CF # 2 May, 2015 SJPdp to SdC on foot (duration 40 days)...planning for #3.
Is anyone starting from SJPdp on 15th May?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am starting from SJPDP on May 13. I'm walking to Orisson the first day then to Espinal for day 2. How many km are you planning to walk per day?

Buen camino,
Tina

I am starting from SJPDP on May 13. I'm walking to Orisson the first day then to Espinal for day 2. How many km are you planning to walk per day?

Buen camino,
Tina
Hi Tina, I'm booked into Orisson on my 1st night too. I've read here to start slowly, so definitely will not be reaching the Brierly guide kms in the early part of my Camino, just gonna start slowly and listen to my body. I've given myself plenty of time to do the walk. I may just need it, or if I surprise myself....extend to Muxxia and Finisterre at the end. I hope we can meet up and say hi somewhere on the way...Peter

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am starting on the 17th, but will be overnighting in SJ on both the 15th and 16th. Have reservations at Orisson on the 17th, Roncesvalles on the 18th, and Zubiri (Benta Berri) on the 19th. Am planning to send my full pack ahead on each of these days because I don't want kill myself right at the beginning with those steep ascents and descents. Hopefully, on day #4, I will feel confident enough to attempt a day with the full pack, as I do want to participate in the true Camino experience, at least on the "easy" days. Buen Camino!

Hi, We are starting on the 18th but walking through to Roncesvalles! See you there ELHS220. Staying in SJPdP on tthe 16/17 to prepare and get over jet-lag. Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, We are starting on the 18th but walking through to Roncesvalles! See you there ELHS220. Staying in SJPdP on tthe 16/17 to prepare and get over jet-lag. Buen Camino!
In SJ, I have reservations at the Auberge du Pelerin for two nights for the same reason....rest and recuperation!

Buen camino,
Tina
Hi Tina, Yes Espinal has an albergue "Albergue Irugoienea" that is supposed to be very special. I think that is a good place to stay. I would consider that extension, however i read that The "big" albergue at Roncesvalles with room for nearly 200 pilgrims is also a high point of the camino. Oh dear the trials and tribulations of "where to stay"...I think my feet and knees will be telling me loud and clear. Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi John - hopefully we'll meet along the way. It will be great to meet people that I've seen on this site.

Hi Peter - Irugoienea is where I have a reservation in Espinal. I did toss and turn on staying in Roncesvalles or Espinal, but knowing that I only have so many days to get to SdC, I chose to walk the extra 6 km to Espinal. The pictures of the albergue in Roncesvalles looks great! I would have asked for the top floor. Irugoienea also looks good. Definitely smaller. I'm looking forward to every step of this journey and know that God will provide for me. When I get to SdC, I plan to take the bus out to Muxia and Finisterre. I won't have time to walk there but definitely don't want to miss these. On June 15th, I fly to Paris to finish my camino before heading home. I've never been to Paris and feel this will be a good way to end this amazing experience.

Hi everyone. I'm starting in Estella on 20th May for a week. Might see you along the way.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am starting on the 17th, but will be overnighting in SJ on both the 15th and 16th. Have reservations at Orisson on the 17th, Roncesvalles on the 18th, and Zubiri (Benta Berri) on the 19th. Am planning to send my full pack ahead on each of these days because I don't want kill myself right at the beginning with those steep ascents and descents. Hopefully, on day #4, I will feel confident enough to attempt a day with the full pack, as I do want to participate in the true Camino experience, at least on the "easy" days. Buen Camino!
Hi ELHS220...That sounds smart to me, is it difficult to organise for your pack to be transported ahead like this?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi ELHS220...That sounds smart to me, is it difficult to organise for your pack to be transported ahead like this?
Here is the link for Jacotrans that I found. It sounds pretty easy. It sounds like they deal with all the lodging establishments along the way. I haven't, however, made any advance reservations using the site. But I do have bed reservations from the 14th to the 20th.

http://www.jacotrans.com/

Is anyone starting from SJPdp on 15th May?
Hi Peter, sorry no I 'am on the Camino wright now i'am arriving info Leon tomorrow. Till now it's a great experience for me. Till now I enjoyd the Pyrenees the most. Peter I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm now in Pamplona and getting picked by istvan from corazon Puro this afternoon. El Camino here I come. Buen Camino to all you guys n girls

I'm now in Pamplona and getting picked by istvan from corazon Puro this afternoon. El Camino here I come. Buen Camino to all you guys n girls
Peter,

Now you are really on your way! May you have have a wonder-filled camino. Corazon Puro wiÄş be a great place to start; Istvan and Barbara are most helpful hosts.
Carpe diem and Buen camino!

MM

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi.My husband and start May 15th from SJPdP too. WE too plan to spent our frst nite in Orrisson, made reservations. Looking forward to meeting all who start the 15th!
Well, I found it...this was before we all met up, how cool

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back