• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Saturday 09.09.2017 CP Central from Porto

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I am off then ;-) --- to quote a fellow countryman of mine ...

Coming Saturday I will start from "somewhere" just behind Porto and plan to walk until Vairao. I am traveling to the Camino with BlaBlaCar, so my starting point is kind of flexible.

Apart of staying at Casa Fernanda, firmly planned in!, any last minute tips for me?
Anybody else at the same time on the central route?

If will try to post live updates as usual, but this time I only take a Smartphone, so that might be a challenge.

BC SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Enjoy.

I will watch with interest... I arrive in Porto in the 7th November... and I maybe, hopefully I will drop in and say hello on the 20th November :)

Have a great walk!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Albergue San Pedro de Rates is an excellent albergue, also I can recommend Espiritual route after Pontevedra.
From Porto you can stay on the coast via Matosinhos until Vila do Conde and then cross over to the Central route again.
Enjoy:)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Gute Weg... two of the few remaining words of German from my schooldays. Good for you to have got a blablacar trip set up to get you to your starting point. And I must try to find another copy of that book, I gave mine away.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I start walking on the 26th-- And I'm still not sure where I'll be walking! It's a surprise Camino for me as I happened upon a really cheap ticket to Paris. (So I'm thinking... Le Puy? Or maybe Porto...) in any case-- Buen Camino! You'll be in my prayers as I walk.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen Camino :) Looking forward to read your updates!

We especially liked Villa San Clemente in Tui. Well-situated on the road out of town, with beautiful spacious gardens, and even a swimming pool. Both dorm and private rooms. I've seen lots of other favorable reviews on this forum. Also, per your other post, we booked Casa da Fernanada the night before in mid-May. But, as you know, it's THE place to be, so no harm in booking as soon as know your itinerary.
I always enjoy your posts. Happy to share back.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
SYates, My wife and I walked from Porto this April. We really enjoyed our night in Facha, which is a few kilometers before reaching Ponte de Lima. Generally we stop before or after a Brierley official end point. We stayed at Quinta da Portela which is a restored villa. He also has a pilgrim hostel on the property. Absolutely gorgeous, well worth checking out. The owner Han can be reached at 964-257 171. If you are using the Brierley guide, it is on page 140 of the 7th edition.

I am off then ;-) --- to quote a fellow countryman of mine ...

Coming Saturday I will start from "somewhere" just behind Porto and plan to walk until Vairao. I am traveling to the Camino with BlaBlaCar, so my starting point is kind of flexible.

Apart of staying at Casa Fernanda, firmly planned in!, any last minute tips for me?
Anybody else at the same time on the central route?

If will try to post live updates as usual, but this time I only take a Smartphone, so that might be a challenge.

BC SY
I will start from Tui on 2 October, very exited! What weather can I expect? Any advise will be valuable.
Buen camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...
One day there was this inner knowledge. After the camino just popped up a couple of times in my universe, I knew: I need to go. Tingling in the spine, a slight nervousness. That usually shows me I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back