• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Talinn to Santiago?

AdamSeba

Time of past OR future Camino
None as yet. I want to do an old school epic from Talinn.
Hi guys, I'm Adam, I'm new to the forum.

I'm looking to do a camino. I'd like to do an epic, traditional route, perhaps from Talinn.

Anyone fancy it or have some advice?

Cheers

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome, and buen camino. You might like to read the blog of Werner van Zuylen, a Belgian who last year walked from Moscow to Santiago, crossing 7 countries, wearing out three pairs of boots and taking five months.

http://mosaco.eu/

The route from Talinn, Estonia along the Baltic coast through Poland to Rostock, Germany is named the "Pomeranian Way of Saint James" and discussed in this forum thread: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/the-pomeranian-way-of-st-james.26121/
Going to the website, I would think the section from Talinn to the German border would be lightly marked and thin on infrastructure support, because it is so new. It appears that previously existing hiking trails were linked up with St James marking to make the new route. From the German border onward, there are many possible routings along the various Jakobsweg sections, which are well marked, well supported with infrastructure, and well described in German-language guidebooks.

Practice your Polish and German. As an English-speaking walker, you will be a curiosity., and I suspect local folks will try to be helpful where they can. The Poles who are the Pomeranian route organizers have been publicizing it at the tourism shows in Germany and elsewhere in Europe. They responded to my email in English. I'm sure they would welcome contact from you - you should inquire as to maps and route documents they have prepared.

As a safety matter, I would recommend not walking in Russia anytime soon. The Pomeranian route along the Baltic will be much safer. The will be challenging enough.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's super helpful Kitsambler. Thank you!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers!

Thanks Alan. Top man!
I read the post you recommended. Incredible.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back