A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Tarta de Santiago - St James Cross Template Give Away.

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
For those who bake the Tarta de Santiago, I have an extra set of stainless steel templates for use when dusting the top of the tarta with powdered sugar - - - or cocoa (yeah, not me, but I've seen it done). There is a larger and a smaller template. They both have a built in handle in order to easily lift them off the freshly dusted tarta without disturbing the outline.

These are terrific and do the job quickly and easily.

Regrettably, I can only offer this to an American mailing address. There is no charge for the templates. If you are interested, let me know. I'll PM the person receiving them in order to know where to mail them.

This is not just first come first served, and it would be fine to PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago May 2018
(St Jean Pied de Port to Logrono in May 2019)
For those who bake the Tarta de Santiago, I have an extra set of stainless steel templates for use when dusting the top of the tarta with powdered sugar - - - or cocoa (yeah, not me, but I've seen it done). There is a larger and a smaller template. They both have a built in handle in order to easily lift them off the freshly dusted tarta without disturbing the outline.

Regrettably, I can only offer this to an American mailing address. There is no charge for the templates. If you are interested, let me know. I'll PM the person receiving them in order to know where to mail them.

View attachment 52346
I would love to have them! I currently use a paper cutout downloaded from internet! I am in Florida.

frank john

This is not just first come first served, and it would be fine to PM me if interested.

View attachment 52346
I would like them if any are available. Thank you. Frank

Shades of Narnia

Sandi, Shades of Narnia
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis, 2014
Camino Portuguese 2015
Camino Francis, 2016 & Hospitalera in Viana Spain
(etc)
I would love to have them as well, thank you! I am in Canada but have a U.S. Postal address that I can send on to you privately (if I can figure out how o do that :) Very happy to cover costs as well. fondly sandi

Camino(s) past & future
Frances/SJPP 2015, 2016, 2018
Way of St. Francis, Italy 2017
Portuguese/Finisterre 2018 (2019)
So since I can see they have already found a home, where ever did you get them? I always mess up with the paper.

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Sorry -I see now that they do not ship out of Europe :rolleyes:

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
So since I can see they have already found a home, where ever did you get them? I always mess up with the paper.
I picked them up in 2017 when I was in Burgos at a souvenir shop. This last October, I saw them at a couple of souvenir shops in SdC. Prior, I had tried ordering them, but never could source them outside of Europe, where they wouldn't ship to the USA.

Bala

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (SJPdP-Burgos, 2015)
Camino Frances (Burgos-Sarria, 2018)
Sarria-Santiago (Oct. 2018)
I saw them on Amazon, part of some international shipping program. They appear to be identical to the set I bought last fall in Santiago.

Search "IBLI 781200" (IBLI is the company name) or "Cake template Cross of St. James." Be warned, though, the templates cost $9.87 USD, but the shipping is and additional $10.52 USD.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances/SJPP 2015, 2016, 2018
Way of St. Francis, Italy 2017
Portuguese/Finisterre 2018 (2019)
I saw them on Amazon, part of some international shipping program. They appear to be identical to the set I bought last fall in Santiago.

Search "IBLI 781200" (IBLI is the company name) or "Cake template Cross of St. James." Be warned, though, the templates cost $9.87 USD, but the shipping is and additional $10.52 USD.
Thank you very much.....ordered :)

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 222 24.8%