• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Temperature check-Norte

hfox

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2023- Norte
Hi all,
I’m starting my Camino del Norte this week (7th) and I’m a bit surprised that it looks cooler and rainier than I was anticipating. I tend to run very cold generally, so I was wondering if I’m bringing enough warm clothes. Specifically, I was going to bring a poncho, but now I’m wondering if a rain jacket and pack cover might be better for warmth? Also, I was planning to sleep in shorts, but now I’m wondering if I should bring pants to sleep in (I have water resistant hiking pants, but I can’t sleep in them). Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I walked in a rainy July in 2018, but it wasn't cold. In fact I ditched a sweater that I had in my pack when I got to Gijón and never needed it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On the Norte now and has been hardly any rain , it is humid , and chilly mornings. But warm sunny or partly cloudy days .

A poncho does provide warmth. In fact it provides sweat too haha. But it also provides that your pack will stay dry and it takes just a few seconds to put it on.

Awesome, thanks all for the information! I think I’ll just stick with the poncho. I did end up throwing a pair of sweat pants and a fleece in, and I can always send them back if I end up being too hot

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum