• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

thank you

Deanpf

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May 2016 from Burgos to Finisterre
Just a thnks to all on this forum. I just returned home from my first Camino and it was a better experience because of many people here. My pack was 13 pounds and did not really contain anything I didn't use, my travel there and starting point were well chosen and the small walking tips I read here turned into big help along the way.
This forum is quite an amazing place and I have sent a number of friends who now want to walk the camino here for advice.
It is not easy being back. The question of what am I going to do today seems so crazy to have to ask. And I MISS my Cafe con leche so very much. But mostly I miss the simplicity that is inherent to the Camino- just me and my pack following the arrows. That and strangers not saying hello back when I walk by them.
To those of you heading off, enjoy it all. It's probably a bit harder than you think but it is oh so worth it.
And, once again, thank you to all who took the time to write advice on this forum and to answer questions from a new guy.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Now that you are no longer the "New Guy" you are now an unofficial member of "Caminoholics." The best way to deal with this positive addiction is to stay active on this Forum and start planning your next Camino.

Buen Camino

Wonderful that you now have all the memories to savour. Dennis is right. As many of us have discovered, the next best thing is what veteran member Viranani refers to as our virtual Albergue. You are now able to help others who come here seeking advice, are perhaps in need of some encouragement, wish to share a story and more. My morning coffee doesn't compare to that delicious coffee con leche. Welcome home.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
When I got back a few people said "Welcome back to the real world." I said "This is not the real world." Because it's changed. And I've changed. I've made many superficial changes to my life to emphasise that I see everything differently and that I will continue to do so. It all started to sink in when I got to Santiago and people began asking "Where did you start?" I got a lot of love and respect when I said SJPDP. But the existential slow-motion-grizzly-attack was "Where did you start?"

You can't be crazy enough to walk 800kms and stay the person you once were. I'm stronger. I'm curiouser and curiouser. And the horizon is a circle, an expanding circle. Like a ripple. And. Where did it start?

Mike

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Congratulations and hello from another Montrealer.
Now you've just got to start planning your next one.
Le Puy! Walk from Le Puy!
;)

Just a thnks to all on this forum. I just returned home from my first Camino and it was a better experience because of many people here. My pack was 13 pounds and did not really contain anything I didn't use, my travel there and starting point were well chosen and the small walking tips I read here turned into big help along the way. This forum is quite an amazing place and I have sent a number of friends who now want to walk the camino here for advice.
It is not easy being back. The question of what am I going to do today seems so crazy to have to ask. ..
And, once again, thank you to all who took the time to write advice on this forum and to answer questions from a new guy.
One positive way to retain your Camino Feeling - see if there is a Camino Group in your local area (say 50km/30miles) who you could meet (say monthly) to discuss experiences, help any new comers and thus "spread the word about The Way". Buen Camino:)o_O

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back