• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Thanks for your help

Don Gullans

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés (2015)
Hi,
Our family/friend emergency has stabilized. The doctors are working and even when the end is near, we have decided to let our father continued his camino at his pace.
Thanks for your help and buen camino

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Don, I am sorry to hear of your friends illness. There are several members walking at the moment and I am sure they will keep an eye out for your dad.
A photo would help.
Buen Camino.

A brief physical description, characteristics to watch out for (grey knapsack? red jacket?), and country of origin would be helpful. "First name from XXX country" is how I remember most people, and how they're referred to when chatting with other pilgrims on the trail. Who they're walking with, if anyone, is helpful too. (eg Georgios from Italy, little guy with a purple hat, walking with a bunch of Dutch women...)

Yes, that would help.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A brief physical description, characteristics to watch out for (grey knapsack? red jacket?), and country of origin would be helpful. "First name from XXX country" is how I remember most people, and how they're referred to when chatting with other pilgrims on the trail. Who they're walking with, if anyone, is helpful too. (eg Georgios from Italy, little guy with a purple hat, walking with a bunch of Dutch women...)
Hola, Felix!
Most of that was already in the OP if you'd read it thoroughly!

Wish you a nice day!

Hola, Felix!
Most of that was already in the OP if you'd read it thoroughly!

Wish you a nice day!
Oh my goodness, you're right! Good thing we have you to keep posters on track. Otherwise, anarchy.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Any update on your dad.
No, but in any case, he cannot do anything anyway. It is probably better to let him continue with his walk. The prognosis of our friend is bad but the doctors are keeping him going... We'll see. Thanks for your help.

Don has been found and has contacted family and spoke to his friend.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Several local news websites are reporting that in very bad weather a few days ago a pilgrim was found lost and confused walking the shoulder of the AP-1 highway near Burgos. Aiming for Burgos but...
Everybody who has walked the Camino Francés knows the albergue in Manjarin. An albergue for six pilgrims, without water and electricity, but full of hospitality. Tomás Martinez de Paz started...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back