• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

That useful packable holdall tip

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Voie de Paris / Tours Aulnay to Saintes 2017
Camino del Baztan 2018
Thank you to the person who suggested packing a rucksack and poles in a packable holdall.
I bought one and checked in my rucksack and poles for my flight to Porto.

My holdall claims to accommodate 70L but packs very small when not in use.

Once our group of three reached Porrino we decided to load anything we didn't need to carry during the day into the one holdall and send it to our next stop. We could then carry our well fitting rucksacks with ease. Tuitrans luggage transport was easy to organise and the cost, 5€ between three of us, was not expensive.

A very useful tip. Thanks again

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
For a very cheap option, if you're anywhere near an Ikea store they do a holdall version of their big blue carrier bags which works beautifully for this sort of purpose and costs £3 UK. I've even seen them for sale on Ebay!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Mine came from Millets UK. It was very cheap in their sale.

Most read last week in this forum