• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The not so serious thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Whoo-hoo! I just found out that I won 2nd price in the weekly lottery on Saturday! I had 6 out of 7 numbers right on a by-chance ticket. I'm rich! I won 1,900 Kr. (approx. 255 Euros :D ).

Drinks are on me! 🍹🍻🍸🍾🍷

(Just one more number right and the prize could have been 7,000,000 kr. - approx. 940,000 Euros, argggh 🤑 )
Wonderful for you, Turga! 😃 Your winnings even surpass the win you received on the #1400 post...can't remember what we all gave you though.🤔🤣
Btw, this is one thing I appreciate about the Not...it's a place for us to stay connected and occasionally share something personal about our lives. I recall you once share about being a new grandpa a couple of years ago(I think)...I have no grandkids.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Whoo-hoo! I just found out that I won 2nd price in the weekly lottery on Saturday! I had 6 out of 7 numbers right on a by-chance ticket. I'm rich! I won 1,900 Kr. (approx. 255 Euros :D ).

Drinks are on me! 🍹🍻🍸🍾🍷

(Just one more number right and the prize could have been 7,000,000 kr. - approx. 940,000 Euros, argggh 🤑 )
My son (when he was a young boy) joked that my mothers numbers were rubbish. He gave her six numbers (which she wrote down but didn't do anything else).
After the draw she asked if I had bought him a ticket as 5 of the six had come up.
I said I knew nothing about it and he would have won £2000.
Oh well...you've got to buy a ticket.
I'm just happy to get one 😅

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh well...you've got to buy a ticket.
I'm just happy to get one 😅
Get "one" what? 🤔
I've never bought a lottery ticket, but I once received one in a Christmas gift exchange. It was the gift that ended up being an UNgift...just like the 100th post gifts we give to the lucky winners on the Not.😂

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Drinks are on me! 🍹🍻🍸🍾🍷

I hope this story is true. I read that a man had the winning numbers for both the Massachusetts and Rhode Island lotteries at the same time BUT the Rhode Island number was on the Massachusetts ticket and the MA number was on the RI ticket.

Last edited:
I hope this story is true. I read that a man had the winning numbers for both the Massachusetts and Rhode Island lotteries at the same time. BUT the Rhode Island number was on the Massachusetts ticket and the MA number was on the RI ticket.

This is when you do not want to have a loaded hand gun around the house!.... :oops:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
As a lottery winner I have been out looking for some serious real estate and I found this. It's slightly over budget, but I believe there is some wiggle room (I mean, 255 Euros should be quite a juicy bait, right?). What do you think...?

Castle.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Turga would need more than twice as much as he won to buy it...
255 + 255 + 37= 547.
Unless no one else bids. It really hurt to compare what my small house on a quarter acre cost in 1985 to what this nearby place cost in 1994 (I later worked in one of the buildings).
The sprawling corporate headquarters complex of Wang Laboratories Inc. in Lowell, built at a cost of $50 million to $60 million, was sold at auction on Tuesday for $525,000.

An accountant, Louis Pellegrine, submitted the winning bid for the property, which includes three 12-story towers, two lower buildings, an auditorium that seats 500, two cafeterias, dining rooms and a parking lot with spaces for 600 cars. The headquarters complex, built in stages since 1980, is on 15 acres in Lowell, about 25 miles northwest of Boston.
BTW, I read today that the median price for a house in the US has just risen past $400,000. :eek:

Unless no one else bids. It really hurt to compare what my small house on a quarter acre cost in 1985 to what this nearby place cost in 1994 (I later worked in one of the buildings).

BTW, I read today that the median price for a house in the US has just risen past $400,000. :eek:
Then I must live in poverty in my 1400 sq.ft. home all paid for in a small town 100 miles from Chicago on 1/2 acre...glad I live where I do...more money for travel when I am ready. No noose around my neck.

7995_26.10.21_web.jpg

I've just come back from my multi million pound second home on the Kent coast.
In my part of the world they call it a "Premier Inn".
Our houses are an obscene price and we would kill for what you pay for your petrol (gas). When I was in Richmond (Virginia) I asked whether the price advertised was per litre and was told it was for a gallon....I nearly fainted.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I've just come back from my multi million pound second home on the Kent coast.
In my part of the world they call it a "Premier Inn".
Our houses are an obscene price and we would kill for what you pay for your petrol (gas). When I was in Richmond (Virginia) I asked whether the price advertised was per litre and was told it was for a gallon....I nearly fainted.
Bummer, BB. And Rick on the east coast I think he has it worse than me here in the semi-boring Midwest...cuz he on the hoity toity east coast of the USA...aren't ya, Rick? And so does NYC in Los Angeles, Cali....it's all a fortune to live there, too.

P.S. Hose who live in Massachusetts have a funny accent, but Rick was determined to get rid of his...I can verify he accomplished it by Oct. 2019...Cali has no accent...It's Hollywood. They all talk like me...they must love the Midwest.

Last edited:
Bummer, BB. And Rick on the east coast I think he has it worse than me here in the semi-boring Midwest...cuz he on the hoity toity east coast of the USA...aren't ya, Rick? And so does NYC in Los Angeles, Cali....it's all a fortune to live there, too.

P.S. Hose who live in Massachusetts have a funny accent, but Rick was determined to get rid of his...I can verify he accomplished it by Oct. 2019...Cali has no accent...It's Hollywood. They all talk like me...they must love the Midwest.

House across street from my mom’s sold for 1.2million.

In the sixties houses were going for $20-30 thousand dollars.

Folks must be printing money in backyards and basements.

Last edited:
House across street from my mom’s sold for 1.2million.

In the sixties houses we’re going for $20-30 thousand dollars.

Folks must be printing money in backyards and basements.
😳 I hear ya, girlfriend...it's been what I've been hearing in your neck of the woods the past few years..crazy!
One day you will walk many a camino and not stop unless you so desire.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Next time I am on flight to camino no kicking seat backs.
View attachment 112157
I actually had someone do this to me on my last overses flight...the nerve! Every time I tried to relax, he pushed my seat back up to a sitting position...made me so mad, but I'm a laydee and said nothing, but I was 🤬 angry.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When I was in Richmond (Virginia) I asked whether the price advertised was per litre and was told it was for a gallon....I nearly fainted.
Prices for regular gas varies by location in US now from about $3.00 to $4.60 per gallon (OK, CA). Google says about 0.67 pounds, 0.80€ per liter.

Prices here according to AAA auto club: CA $4.579 (highest), IL $3.573, MA $3.369, OK $3.022 One place in CA is about $8.50.

Prices for regular gas varies by location in US now from about $3.00 to $4.60 per gallon (OK, CA). Google says about 0.67 pounds, 0.80€ per liter.

Prices here according to AAA auto club: CA $4.579 (highest), IL $3.573, MA $3.369, OK $3.022 One place in CA is about $8.50.

We’re paying $4.19-$4.50 in Los Angeles.

Last March/April had prices dropped to mid $2’s.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

€60,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Exactly!

When will sanity return?
When people stop playing video games.(I had to google ps4).
Trouble is that the overhead is higher; the costs go up by 50%.
What overhead?🤔
Some guys in India just got arrested for trying to sell whale vomit. They might have gotten a million. They might have gotten away with it if they had advertised it as porpoise poop.
That's a whale of a tale.🙄
Maybe, but wait a bit. Change takes time.
I've warmed a few toilet seats in my life, waiting.
First wait to see if NYC is really constipated or not.
I've waited four hours...that's long enough.
I thought it was the plums.
Apparently it's prunes Barbara needs.
You'll know when change comes....it rattles in the pan.
My change rattles in my piggybank.
To be in or to be out.

That is the ?
Well, NYC...is it still in or did it come out?🤭

News from the UK.

There was an interesting discussion this morning on BBC "Breakfast".
Penny Lancaster (Rod Stewart's wife) and Mariela Frostrop were interviewed concerning the issues that women face with regard to the menopause.
At the end of the of the interview it transpired that a pressure group were going to march and lobby Parliament to discuss and raise the issues and.....to demand change.

Last edited:
When I've played Patience there has been nobody there.
🤣 Brilliant reply, BB! I had to google this...It's interesting what one simple capital letter can do for a definition.
"pa·tience /ˈpāSHəns/ noun
(Definition #2)
BRITISH
Any of various forms of a card game for one player."

I have been impatiently waiting my whole adult life to acquire more patience...I'd say all that waiting has required a lot of patience.🤔

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

€149,-
There are a few variations of this product.

There is a fatty version....Tallowweiners.
A sweet version for toasting over an open fire....Mallowweiners.
And finally a version lightly dipped in liquorice.....Shallowwieners.
I'll take the Malloweiners. I need to be sweetened up a bit. 😋

€60,-
Sorry. The dating app that I have is a real dog too. Every few years it indicates that February has 29 days!
I always wished my birthday was on February 29th...no fake UNbirthdays would be needed to roll back the years. I'd officially only be...17. Yay!
EDIT...I can't find the song, so deleted the title.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Stupidity contest.

hi do you still have the PS4

Yes, I still do.

are you willing to negotiate? 260

It's listed for 240 though

yes i know I can pay 260

That's a higher price

fine, 250
Stupidity , what do you think about this one.⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
FB_IMG_1635498551448.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Seriously, that dog spider was funny. Also seriously, I was watching this video collection of pet costumes when I paused for spidey.
Hilarious! What will they think of next!

BTW... has anyone else noticed that the video "length" on Youtubes are not showing up on the forum? I wonder why?🤔 It no longer shows it on my phone...is it just happening to me?

Last edited:

€46,-
Since when? I can't remember ever seeing the run times.
Well if you touch the red line at the bottom you can see the time length normally. Such as when someone says what they are referring to is at the time frame 2:12 mintue mark, for example. Now I see nothing but the red line even when I move the curser farther over, but what do I know...I'm just a curious cat, not a clever cat.

Well if you touch the red line at the bottom you can see the time length normally. Such as when someone says what they are referring to is at the time frame 2:12 mintue mark, for example. Now I see nothing but the red line even when I move the curser farther over, but what do I know...I'm just a curious cat, not a clever cat.
That time over the red line as I slide I do see. I thought you wanted to see the time shown before even starting the video so you could decide if your inner kitty was interested.

That time over the red line as I slide I do see. I thought you wanted to see the time shown before even starting the video so you could decide if your inner kitty was interested.
Well, I tease anout my short attention span, but if videos are too long (or boring)lol, I can go forward a bit faster. I checked your cute post again and I do not see any times on my Android smartphone, which is the only computer I use. Maybe I need to update my apps or possibly install a newer version of Youtube. I can ask a question on google if need be. My inner kitty is confused🙀, but will get it sorted out before long, I'm sure.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back