• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thinking about the Camino starting from Granada May 2012.

Spencer Evans

My name is Spencer and my wife and I are seriously considering starting from Granada and would love to talk to anyone who can offer advice or is willing to share experiences. Thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Spencer Evans said:
My name is Spencer and my wife and I are seriously considering starting from Granada and would love to talk to anyone who can offer advice or is willing to share experiences. Thanks

I tackled it in 2010. I used Alison Raju's guide from CSJ primarily, together with some Spanish information from the various tourist information places.

It was a tough solitary walk, sometimes with my long days walking and little, if any services. The walk from Granada to Cordoba was interesting, the villages hospitable and the landscape tough. I did find myself getting lost on more ocasions that usual. But I take the Michelin "Orange series" maps and can usually sort myself out pretty quickly.
After Cordoba, there are some big days with a fair amount of road walking. I got as far as the Extremaduran border: to Monterubio in fact, before the ash cloud made me change my plans and return to the UK by bus.

I am glad that I tackled this route and would be happy to discuss. PM if you want to do this.
Gyro

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.