• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thinking about the Camino starting from Granada May 2012.

Spencer Evans

My name is Spencer and my wife and I are seriously considering starting from Granada and would love to talk to anyone who can offer advice or is willing to share experiences. Thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Spencer Evans said:
My name is Spencer and my wife and I are seriously considering starting from Granada and would love to talk to anyone who can offer advice or is willing to share experiences. Thanks

I tackled it in 2010. I used Alison Raju's guide from CSJ primarily, together with some Spanish information from the various tourist information places.

It was a tough solitary walk, sometimes with my long days walking and little, if any services. The walk from Granada to Cordoba was interesting, the villages hospitable and the landscape tough. I did find myself getting lost on more ocasions that usual. But I take the Michelin "Orange series" maps and can usually sort myself out pretty quickly.
After Cordoba, there are some big days with a fair amount of road walking. I got as far as the Extremaduran border: to Monterubio in fact, before the ash cloud made me change my plans and return to the UK by bus.

I am glad that I tackled this route and would be happy to discuss. PM if you want to do this.
Gyro

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back