• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

To Finisterre

Callea

I am not going to have time to walk to Finisterre after I reach Santiago, but I'd like to see it before I go home. Is there a bus from Santiago? And are there hotels there?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yep there are several buses per day. You can check out the schedule to fisterra on the Monbus website for the day that you intend to travel or ask in the Galicia tourist office when you reach Santiago. It is in the rua de vilar, same street as pilgrims' office.

There are a number of places to stay in Finisterre/Fisterra. I'm sure others will recommend some, i've stayed in the hotel finisterre in the past which was perfectly adequate. Try a search for Finisterre in booking.com and there are several options.

Buen Camino
Mig

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Callea, At this time of year you will have no problem finding a room in a hotel. There are also many places to stay in the albergue style from €10 per night. Perhaps when your bus arrives some local women will offer you a room.
If you intend enjoying the sunset be sure to ask locals or check time on-line. Enjoy your few final hours in Galicia.
Last weekend there was an article in The Irish Times mentioning ( tiradocordel.com ) Restaurante Parrillada Tira Do Cordel, Prais de San Roque, Fisterra, with expensive pilgrim menu €20 but perhaps a treat.

Buen Camino

In mid June 2012 after walking to Finisterre I stayed two nights at Albergue Fistera (mentioned in Jochen-Schmidtke's attachment above - that's not the same as the Hotel Finisterre mentioned by Miguel). It was clean, quiet, very nice, included a full kitchen at a cost of 12 Euro per night (Oddly certain other people were charged 10 euro on the same nights. Perhaps I should have looked a bit more harried upon arrival or something). Pilgrims were provided with a key to the front door allowing for 24 hour access.

Although the albergue was not fully booked, as with many private albergues and contrary to what I read on one website, there was no requirement that one had to actually arrive in Finisterre by foot. Two women who were there at the same time arrived by bus from Santiago and stayed for five nights to unwind after their Caminos.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The bus leaves Santiago at 9:00am. if you spend the night and want to leave the next morning, there is an 8:20am bus going back. DO NOT GET ON THE 8:00am bus as it doubles as a school bus and takes forever to get there.I walked to Finnisterre 2 weeks ago. 4 days, 2nd day was kinda long ,32 km day. very nice walk mostly through rural contryside. The Hotel Lopez in Finisterre room 33,corner room with windows all around ,even has a balcony. great views of the water. only 25 euros.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back