• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

to send a package from SJPP and bring it in Santiago de Comp

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
An easy way to do it? How much dose it cost?

http://www.casaivar.com/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/index.html

Click this link. It is "luggage storage by Ivar," the administrator of this site.

I mailed my items to be forwarded from Pamplona to Ivar, using the post office. The workers were friendly and helpful. Then, Ivar holds on to your packages until you arrive in Santiago.

I'm not sure about sending your item from SJPP (which is France, not Spain, of course).

I'm not sure about sending your item from SJPP (which is France, not Spain, of course).
It will cost more, otherwise carry them to Pamplona and post them from there.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There's a post office (Officina de Correos) in the Madrid airport, T1, floor O, Arrivals Hall (week days 08:30-14:30, Saturdays 09:30-13:00). We arrived too early to use it so had to mail our things from SJPDP. Don't remember the cost, but it is more expensive in France than Spain.

Having planned a holiday after hiking the Camino Frances I posted a parcel of clothing from SJPdP Post Office to Santiago. It did not arrive and after various emails and phone calls it could not be located. Not recommended as two differeent countries are involved. Others have recommended Ivars service and that is something I have to consider this year as well as look at the service Bourricot offer.

In 2013 I stayed at Hosperia San Martino in Santiago and was able to arrange with them to accept the package (without charge) I had mailed from SJPdP. They had instructed me to label the package with my name and the dates of my reservation. When I retrieved it 40 days later, I noticed that the room behind the reception desk was filled with other packages for pilgrims.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In 2014 i posted a parcel from Lisbon to Ivar's service in Santiago and had no problems and i will use the service again this year. Buen Camino Judy.

Ivar's service is great and he organised for me to pick up my stuff from the shoe shop next door when I needed it early on a Sunday morning..... Post offices and other offices are usually only open during business hours.

The post office hours in Santiago are about the best in the country!

Correos Santiago De Compostela

Calle Franco , 4
Santiago de Compostela
Horarios de apertura Correos Santiago De Compostela
Lunes 08h30 - 20h30
Martes 08h30 - 20h30
Miércoles 08h30 - 20h30
Jueves 08h30 - 20h30
Viernes 08h30 - 20h30
Sábado 09h - 13h
Domingo-
www.correos.es www.correos.es

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Having planned a holiday after hiking the Camino Frances I posted a parcel of clothing from SJPdP Post Office to Santiago. It did not arrive and after various emails and phone calls it could not be located. Not recommended as two differeent countries are involved. Others have recommended Ivars service and that is something I have to consider this year as well as look at the service Bourricot offer.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else experienced this problem of lost shipment from SJPdP to SdC?

We are also planning to visit a few European cities after our camino. Initially, we thought of just buying a luggage and a few clothes in SdC, but if shipping from SJPdP to SdC is reliable, then this is going to be an easier option for us.

Thanks in advance.

Not to give Ivar a commercial here, but we shipped a suitcase to him from Lisbon and another package along the way on the Camino Portugues. I ended up having a severe back problem only 100 miles into our trip and forcing us to fly back to the states for surgery. We were to say the least a little concerned how we were going to get our suitcase and package back to the states.

An email to Ivar and it was handled by him personally so as you can tell we highly recommend his service !!!

Hi @shubertj - Yes, we are thinking of sending the package to Ivar and I have no worries for that part. What I'm concerned about is the mention that shipping packages from outside Spain (in this case, SJPdP) to SdC (Ivar) may be a problem simply because it involves 2 countries. I know you mentioned Lisbon, so it also involves 2 countries, but I'm trying to get a sense on whether there is a problem shipping from France to Spain.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you, @mspath, it looks like their luggage transport from SJPdP to SdC is exactly what we are looking for.

Hi @shubertj - Yes, we are thinking of sending the package to Ivar and I have no worries for that part. What I'm concerned about is the mention that shipping packages from outside Spain (in this case, SJPdP) to SdC (Ivar) may be a problem simply because it involves 2 countries. I know you mentioned Lisbon, so it also involves 2 countries, but I'm trying to get a sense on whether there is a problem shipping from France to Spain.
The reason we chose Ivar was our concern about shipping from a different country. It worked well for us but we haven't tried it from France. It looks like mspath has a good solution for you.

Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I mailed a small cylindrical package from Bayonne to Santiago. I seem to recall that the only problem was the extra cost because it was going across the border; at least that's what the lady in the post office told me. If the extra cost goes up along with the size of the package, then mailing a suitcase might be quite expensive.

Thanks @shubertj and @Icacos - these are good points to know. In any case, I understand that there is a post office right in SJPP, so I can ask them when we get there. The ultimate fallback plan would be to use the 70 € Express Bourricot service mentioned by mspath.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Oh, that would be really great, @mspath - I would really like to use Ivar's service if I could. I was thinking along the same lines but I was not sure if there is a post office in Roncesvalles since I remember reading a while back that the population is quite small (something like 30 people or so?)... so in my mind, I was thinking Pamplona since that seemed to be the first big town/city.

There is no post office in Roncesvalles monastery but the albergue has tags for sending luggage and backpacks via Correos as well as via Jacotrans. Ask one of the hospitaleros to help you.

There is no post office in Roncesvalles monastery but the albergue has tags for sending luggage and backpacks via Correos as well as via Jacotrans. Ask one of the hospitaleros to help you.

Hi @mspath - If I get my luggage to Roncesvalles monastery (from SJPP via Express Burricot), the Roncesvalles hospitalero will be able to help me get the luggage to Ivar's storage, even if there is no post office in Roncesvalles? Meaning, the post office will pick it up from Roncesvalles monastery?

My apologies for being so detailed - I just want to make sure I correctly understand. Current plan now is to lighten up our backpacks as much as possible for the walk across the Pyrenees by carrying just what we need for the night in Orisson. Then, once we get to Roncesvalles, we'll put our backpack on full load and ship the rest of the luggage (for post-Camino activities) to Ivar.

Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct? If so, is there a specific name/term for this service?

Thanks a lot!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes this is my understanding of the new Correos service. I have have just sent an email to them asking for their confirmation. I will forward their answer to you.

For more on the Correos services for pilgrims see their web. Click the EN circle for an English account.

Buen camino!

Thank you so much for the help, @mspath . We are about to leave for the airport!! I don't know if I'm nervous or excited! Oh well, I've done the best I can with the prep, all I can do now is to go...

Thanks again so much. You and this forum has been very helpful.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
We packed all our unnecessary items into the duffle we used to bring our poles through checked luggage on the plane and forwarded it to Roncesvalles via Jacotrans baggage transport ...once in Roncesvalles we broke it down and sent 2 boxes to Ivar in Santiago via the nice postal lady in the main building. Worked like a charm.

Note we could probable have fit it all in one box but it would have been crammed so we opted for 2 and sent the duffle as well ... We were originally going to abandon it but glad we decided to keep it ... Came in handy on the return flight

We packed all our unnecessary items into the duffle we used to bring our poles through checked luggage on the plane and forwarded it to Roncesvalles via Jacotrans baggage transport ...once in Roncesvalles we broke it down and sent 2 boxes to Ivar in Santiago via the nice postal lady in the main building. Worked like a charm.

Note we could probable have fit it all in one box but it would have been crammed so we opted for 2 and sent the duffle as well ... We were originally going to abandon it but glad we decided to keep it ... Came in handy on the return flight

Thanks @Mysticl - that is great to hear. It is quite a relief! :)

A couple of questions:

- When you say "main building", which building is this - is there a name of the building? When you sent it through Jacotrans, did you just specify "Roncesvalles" (it looks like there's just a few buildings there, based on Google Earth).

- Is there a name to the postal office service that you used, perhaps something specific to pilgrims?

Thanks!

Re the Correos again

I wrote to
mimochila@correos.com

Can I send my luggage from Roncesvalles monastery directly to Santiago de Compostella via Correos?
Thank you for your help.

Their immediate reply was

Good evening,
Of course, you just need to leave your package at the Hotel Roncesvalles together with 17,97€ into our envelope.
In Santiago we’ll keep it for free during 15 days. From there on, you will be charged 1€ per extra day.

Now it is up to you to choose what to do!
Buen camino!

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I know Bourricot will transport your belongings to Roncesvalles, dont know about Pamplona. Check the Correos web site section for pilgrims. They run a service similar to Jacotrans which will get you to Pamplona where you can then use Ivar's service

Re the Correos again

I wrote to
mimochila@correos.com

Can I send my luggage from Roncesvalles monastery directly to Santiago de Compostella via Correos?
Thank you for your help.

Their immediate reply was

Good evening,
Of course, you just need to leave your package at the Hotel Roncesvalles together with 17,97€ into our envelope.
In Santiago we’ll keep it for free during 15 days. From there on, you will be charged 1€ per extra day.

Now it is up to you to choose what to do!
Buen camino!

Hi @mspath, Sorry for delayed reply. We are now in Logroño. Anyway, I was able to send the luggage from Roncesvalles to Ivar. The cost was 26,60 €. The lady at the hotel called Correos to confirm the cost, and Ivar has also confirmed that he already received the luggage... so all is good.

We used Express Burricot to send the luggage from SJPP to Ronceavalles and took that opportunity to lighten our packs.

Thanks.

Thanks @Mysticl - that is great to hear. It is quite a relief! :)

A couple of questions:

- When you say "main building", which building is this - is there a name of the building? When you sent it through Jacotrans, did you just specify "Roncesvalles" (it looks like there's just a few buildings there, based on Google Earth).

- Is there a name to the postal office service that you used, perhaps something specific to pilgrims?

Thanks!

Sorry I was away for a few weeks and missed you question ... when I say main building I mean the main albergue building where the post office can be found .. and no we did not use a service the nice lady at the postal counter had boxes available for assembly to use. They were strong and a decent size. You buy the box then assemble and fill it. Seal it and address it to Ivar then she will mail it for you via regular post. Pretty easy really just look for the post office, I believe there is only one and Roncesvalles is not a big place ... besides the hotel and La Posada and a small restaurant there really is nothing else except the cathedral and the main Albergue.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back