• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tour support

Suzanne

Hello all

I will be travelling in July on the last leg of the Camino with 5 friends. We would like to depend on World Walks for support but don't know anything about them. Has anyone used their services?

This is an initial exploration for all of us. I plan on doing the whole trip some day but time is dictating this trip.

Thanks for any help!

Suzanne
Canada

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Suzanne,

I have not heard of World Walk either.

But a few weeks ago I meet Alex (in Santiago, he was just finishing a tour) and he seemed like a nice guy. He is American, lives in Spain (Bilbao I think) and has started Fresco tours with his Spanish wife ( http://www.frescotours.com/ ).

He is offering guided tours, I am not sure if you are looking for guided tours or just self-guided (baggage transfer only).

Shawn (Canadian also married to a Spanish woman) also run a company, EuroAdventures (in Vigo, Spain), that might be able to help you. I have meet with Shawn in his office in Vigo a few times he seems like a great guy.
http://www.euroadventures.net/vacations.asp?AF=59

I have not actually tried out any of these products, but thought at least I could let you know about them as the owners seem like serious and nice people.

Another alternative would be for you just to do it on your own, if you don't have that many days you might for example start in Sarria ...
http://www.pilgrim-wiki.com/index.php?title=Sarria

... or another starting point on el Camino frances depending on how many days you have available. I have this page "under development" that might give you an idea of distances:
http://www.pilgrim-wiki.com/index.php?t ... anc%C3%A9s

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Thank you for the advice

Hi there

Thanks so much for the advice. We will start in Sarria and it looks like the biggest concern would be transport of luggage. I would love to think that we could carry everything but we are being realistic. Hmmm...maybe there are connections to be made with tour guides for luggage transport? I don't want to seem like a wimp but if anyone knows of anything like this I would be soooo grateful.

Regards
Suzanne

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello Suzanne

I’m sure you won’t have any problems with luggage transport from point to point. There are local taxis that provide the service for a few euros. The fee in 2004 was 3 euros; but inflation may have brought the price up. Be advised that they do not like heavy luggage because they accommodate as many backpacks as possible in only one ride, and the more they can carry, the more money they make!. Normally the person in charge of the hostal or albergue knows the taxi driver, and some will call them for you.

During the summer there are definitely more pilgrims because everyone is on vacation, especially from Sarria where people start the 100 km minimum walk required for the compostela.

I did this segment of the camino during mid Sept/ 2004. Because this was a holy year, it was more “crowded”, with no chance of staying at the albergues, so I stayed in hostals. However, there were few moments where you could walk really alone.

Don’t be concerned as the Universe will provide whatever you need.

Buen camino!

You do have another option.
You can carry only essentials in a smallish backpack and post any extra luggage ahead to Santiago.
The correos sell peregrino boxes just for this purpose - starting from small boxes to some large enough to take a suitcase. This way, you can walk at your leisure. Stay at the refuges and collect your extra baggage when you get to Santiago.

Small box 230 x 140 x 80 mm 1.50E
Medium box 317 x 215 x 125 mm 1.90E
Large box 390 x 280 x 190 mm 2.40E
Extra large* box 590 x 390 x 390 mm 3.00E
Trapezoid box 2.40E
Adjustable box 1.65E

The postage costs:

Up to 2 Kg. 5.29E
Up to 5 Kg. 6.15E
Up to 10 Kg. 7.25E
Up to 15 Kg. 10.08E
Up to 20 Kg. 12.30E

Decisions - decisions!

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back