Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trailer on the Primitivo

Russnikovsky

Buen Camino
Time of past OR future Camino
10 x Frances complete, SJPDP>Santiago>Fisterra>Muxia
1x Via De La PLata y 1x Camino Levante
Hi, i normally walk my caminos with my homemade trailers, can anybody that has walked the Primitivo tell me if it is possible for me to do it with my trailer?
Thanks !

Attachments

• 13072901_1763580450528395_1430228247611507847_o.jpg
    13072901_1763580450528395_1430228247611507847_o.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 51
  • 16105942_1882460425307063_9051221472946936941_n.jpg
    16105942_1882460425307063_9051221472946936941_n.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 48
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I don't believe it is. To put it a different way, if you want to bring your trailer, you'll have to leave the waymarked route almost every day and stay on paved roads so as to avoid obstacles. Not only are parts of the Primitivo muddy, steep and rough, but some of them -- I'm thinking of the trail above Grandas especially -- are at present blocked by fallen trees. To get past these, you have to climb over them, squeeze under them, or jump a stone wall or barbed-wire fence into a nearby field to pass around them. Doing all this with a trailer would, I think, be a lot more trouble than it's worth.

I walked with two people (separately) on the VdlP and Sanabrés who pulled trailers. One was a solid looking purpose built trailer with wide tyres that the owner said had been pulled all through Europe over every type of terrain, the other a lightweight model that attached to trekking sticks. I was surprised that both seemed surprisingly easy to pull over difficult ground. The wide tyre model coped with everything (although I'm not sure what you'd do about fallen trees), the lightweight one got taken apart if the ground was sticky mud or otherwise too difficult. But I don't know the Primitivo.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I don't believe it is. To put it a different way, if you want to bring your trailer, you'll have to leave the waymarked route almost every day and stay on paved roads so as to avoid obstacles. Not only are parts of the Primitivo muddy, steep and rough, but some of them -- I'm thinking of the trail above Grandas especially -- are at present blocked by fallen trees. To get past these, you have to climb over them, squeeze under them, or jump a stone wall or barbed-wire fence into a nearby field to pass around them. Doing all this with a trailer would, I think, be a lot more trouble than it's worth.
Thank you Aurigny...a very honest and helpful reply.

I walked with two people (separately) on the VdlP and Sanabrés who pulled trailers. One was a solid looking purpose built trailer with wide tyres that the owner said had been pulled all through Europe over every type of terrain, the other a lightweight model that attached to trekking sticks. I was surprised that both seemed surprisingly easy to pull over difficult ground. The wide tyre model coped with everything (although I'm not sure what you'd do about fallen trees), the lightweight one got taken apart if the ground was sticky mud or otherwise too difficult. But I don't know the Primitivo.
Thank you Kanga :)

....the trail above Grandas especially -- are at present blocked by fallen trees. To get past these, you have to climb over them, squeeze under them, or jump a stone wall or barbed-wire fence into a nearby field to pass around them. ....

I'll be interested to see how the trail is come fall. Hopefully the trees will be cleared by then. And if not, at least it's not in the US where I'd be checking for poison ivy vines before climbing over or around!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'll be interested to see how the trail is come fall. Hopefully the trees will be cleared by then. And if not, at least it's not in the US where I'd be checking for poison ivy vines before climbing over or around!!
Thanks Ksam

That would have been tricky going down from the "Alto de Perdon", how'd you do that?
I am stubborn and i swear to myself a lot when doing it, the hardest part is going up into the Pyrenees and then coming down through the woods to Roncevalles..i have done this 3 times with a trailer.....and try to never use the road..the part going to Molinaseca in the hills is very hard, but i make my own trailers and they are strong. i am doing ok for my age 53, i always walk all the way, and i have seen people half my age getting buses or taxis because they have a blister ot they are bored or have a hangover......here are some photos of the trailer on last years camino Frances https://www.facebook.com/russell.ke...84837371287.1073742094.100006293712666&type=3

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We saw a guy on the Primitivo last May with one of these trailers. He seemed to be doing fine and we saw him in Santiago so I know he made it.

We saw a guy on the Primitivo last May with one of these trailers. He seemed to be doing fine and we saw him in Santiago so I know he made it.

That is good to know alaskadiver...Thank You ❤️

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I am starting El Camino Primitivo from Oviedo in 3 days. I will try to follow the normal stages and will attempt to do the Hospital route, if the weather permits it. During my research...
Hello to All !! My wife and I are looking at doing the Camino Primitivo sometime around the beginning of May 2024. We are both retired, in relatively good shape having recently completed a high...
Hey all, I would like to plan a Camino for my Easter holidays. I like the look of the Primitivo but as a complete first timer, I’m a little lost in all of the different options. The community...
I did the Camino Frances from St. Jean in 2022. I wouldn't call it life changing or anything that dramatic, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so freeing to unburden myself of responsibilities...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back