• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train/bus Santiago - Sarria?

libbymay

Hi, I'm libbymay, I arrive Santiago 9am 28/8/13. I need to get to Sarria to join family who have walked from Roncesvalles. Any ideas?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There is a whole forum on traveling to and from the Camino.
It can be found at traveling-to-from-the-camino/

If that link doesn't work, just go to the Home Page of the Forum, and scroll down to Pilgrim Issues on all Caminos. You will find "Traveling to from the camino" there.

If you are flying in, there are regular buses from the Santiago airport to Lugo, and regular buses from Lugo to Sarria. Check the Monbus website for exact times.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
From the SCQ airport, or from the bus station in Santiago, you can take a FREIRE bus from Santiago to Lugo: http://www.empresafreire.com/html/caste ... cion3a.php

Then, in Lugo, you need to catch a MONBUS to get to Sarria:
http://horarios.monbus.es/

Do you have a working knowledge of Spanish? If not, here's how to navigate these 2 websites.

On the FREIRE website, under "Seleccionar Origen," choose either "Aeropuerto de Labacolla (SCQ)" if you'll be going from the airport, or "Santiago (Est. Autobuses)" if you'll be going from the main bus station.

Then under "Seleccionar Destino" choose "Lugo (Est. Autobuses)". Choose your date and you'll see a list of times and days for this route. Note that some of these buses are actually express and take 1.5 hours, versus some that take over 2 hours to get to Lugo.

On the MONBUS site, enter in "Lugo" in the "Desde" window, and choose the 2nd option that pops up ("Lugo EEAA")

Then enter "Sarria" in the box labeled "A".

Choose "Ida" (one-way ticket), choose your date from the calendar, and it will give you a list of times for the route Lugo --> Sarria.

Buen Camino!!

In Santiago, when we caught the bus to Lugo, the fast and slow buses left from adjacent bays both at 11.00 am. I don't know if this is the case at other times of the day. Fellow passengers looked at our tickets while we were waiting and and pointed us to the correct bus.

My mother and I are wanting to take a cab or hire a driver from Santiago to Sarria. Any recommendations?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
By all means call for a quote, but rising gas prices have pushed rates up to about 2€ per kilometer, more on Sunday and a holiday, and a lot more if the driver does not expect a return fare. Do not be surprised if the rate is over 200€.

I agree, falcon - to get from the Santiago airport to our apartment only 10 km away, we have to pay 20€ for a taxi. I think there may be some high airport fees included in that fare, but still!! :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back