• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train from Lisbon airport to Porto

Lightfeet

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal June 2019; Frances Sept 2019;
I’ll be arriving early in the morning at the end of June or early July at the Lisbon airport, needing to take the train to Porto. Is it OK to buy the train ticket when I get there instead of ahead of time? Is there a train ticket that allows one to take any train? The challenge is not knowing if my train will arrive on time, getting my baggage, etc. So being stuck to a particular train time might not be a wise choice. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Is it OK to buy the train ticket when I get there instead of ahead of time?
Yes. In case the next train is full it wont be a problem because there are so many trains going from Lisbon to Porto. Worst case scenerio you will need to wait 1 or 2 extra hours.
Is there a train ticket that allows one to take any train?
No, you need to buy a ticket for a specific train.
Some tickets allow reissue; that means that if you miss your train you are able to go to the ticket window and ask the person the issue a new ticket. (you can find info about it here)

Honestly, I would not worry about it and just buy the ticket when I got to the train station.

I’ll be arriving early in the morning at the end of June or early July at the Lisbon airport, needing to take the train to Porto. Is it OK to buy the train ticket when I get there instead of ahead of time? Is there a train ticket that allows one to take any train? The challenge is not knowing if my train will arrive on time, getting my baggage, etc. So being stuck to a particular train time might not be a wise choice. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, i just replied to another thread on a similar topic so just copy and pasting my ealier post.

I just arrived in Porto yesterday having flown into Lisbon. I took the Metro from the airport to the Oriente station which cost €2 for a ticket. From here I went to the 3rd or 4th floor where there is alot of small teller buildings. I was able to buy a ticket to Porto on the CP train from the ticket sales box 23/24 (I didnt arrange anything beforehand, the trains seemed to come every 30-40 minutes). The train ticket was €25 but your eligible for a decent discount if your under 25 or over 65 in age.

It was a great ride, around 3 hours and it stopped around 4 times. Very comfortable and loads of space to store your bag above you in the shelves (nice and close). On your ticket is shows your selected carriage number and seat number which was relatively easy to locate once on the train. The ticket sales person was extremely helpful and talked me through how to exactly to take the train.

I got off at the Porto Campanha station. It was the last stop, the PA did announce the stops in english so its easy to make sure you get off at the right stop. I took the nearby train to the Sāo Bento train station which was closer to my hotel and the travel was included in my train ticket already.

Hopefully this helps! I begin my first Camino this Monday 10th and can’t wait.

Gracie

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Hi, i just replied to another thread on a similar topic so just copy and pasting my ealier post.

I just arrived in Porto yesterday having flown into Lisbon. I took the Metro from the airport to the Oriente station which cost €2 for a ticket. From here I went to the 3rd or 4th floor where there is alot of small teller buildings. I was able to buy a ticket to Porto on the CP train from the ticket sales box 23/24 (I didnt arrange anything beforehand, the trains seemed to come every 30-40 minutes). The train ticket was €25 but your eligible for a decent discount if your under 25 or over 65 in age.

It was a great ride, around 3 hours and it stopped around 4 times. Very comfortable and loads of space to store your bag above you in the shelves (nice and close). On your ticket is shows your selected carriage number and seat number which was relatively easy to locate once on the train. The ticket sales person was extremely helpful and talked me through how to exactly to take the train.

I got off at the Porto Campanha station. It was the last stop, the PA did announce the stops in english so its easy to make sure you get off at the right stop. I took the nearby train to the Sāo Bento train station which was closer to my hotel and the travel was included in my train ticket already.

Hopefully this helps! I begin my first Camino this Monday 10th and can’t wait.

Gracie

Thanks for this reply.
You just answered my question!

Most read last week in this forum

Dear people, In April, we will cycle from Seville to Santiago de Compostella on our recumbent tandem. It will be our first time cycling a camino and we are really looking forward to it. After...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back