• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train Stations

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi all,

Can you please tell me which towns along the Le Puy route have train stations?

Thanks,
Sonn
:)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I was looking for the same information re trains along the Le Puy route. Had trouble getting the city
detail that I was looking for with the maps, so now I am just beginning to go to the websites of the towns along the route that I would most likely be stopping and searching to see if they have a train station, routes and times. I'm sure there are many better ways, but I had to resort to this.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Here is a relatively easy way to make a list and map of all railroad stations (gares SNCF) along the Chemin de Puy.

In one computer window open the list of all places on the Chemin de Puy cited in the Camino Planner on Godesalco.
http://www.godesalco.com/plan/podense

In another computer window open Google maps, set to Map mode (not Satelite or Earth), search for gare sncf, Le Puy-en-Velay, France. If there is a railroad station it will appear on the map. You will also see a very thin grey line for the rr track Save the station bubble to a new map which you might call Chemin de Puy Stations. Repeat for all the place names.

Margaret Meredith

Guys, thanks for your help.

Here's a list of train stations along the Le Puy route.

Le Puy
Monistrol-D'Allier
Aumont-Aubrac
Decazeville
Figeac
Lalbenque
Cahors
Moissac
Aire sur l'Adour
SJPP

Hope this helps others.

Cheers,
Sonn

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Margaret, you amaze me with your wealth of information! Thank you. And Sonn, thanks for the list; it is most helpful. Will be leaving in less than a week for Paris, then a train down to Le Puy en Velay to start walking on the Monday, May 20th after the 7am mass. So excited :)
Rick

rickster said:
Margaret, you amaze me with your wealth of information! Thank you.
Rick

I second that! Thank you Margaret :)

Rick - I'll be a few days behind you. Who knows maybe our paths may cross.

I wish you a fruitful experience.

Only 1 week before I fly out!

Cheers,
Sonn

Sonn,
That would be great. Safe travels. Rick

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
TravellingSonn said:
Can you please tell me which towns along the Le Puy route have train stations?

I don't claim that this is a complete list.... but at the very least, these towns have train stations: Le Puy, Aumont-Aubrac, Cahors, Decazevilla, Figeac, Moissac, Aire sur l'Adour, Orthez, and (of course!) St. Jean. =)

-- Ryan

I know this thread was from a while ago. The train in Aire sur L'Adour seems not to be in operation.

1677501724700.png

Most read last week in this forum

Hi- I am starting the Via Podiensis Camino at the end of the month. I know people swear by the MMDD guide book for this camino but I am not sure why. So far I have been making use of the...
Hello everyone! Well.. one week from today will begin my walk across France and Spain. I see a number of posts regarding a wave of walkers and room accommodation limitations. I am one who is...
Hi everyone, I’m currently on the GR 65 going from Le Puy to Conques. I walked this camino in 2014 and now I find myself not recognizing a single bit of literally anything and I’m wondering if...
Hi. Here's a problem to which I can't find a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received! Last October I walked from Le Puy to Conques, but had to return home due to a family crisis. I'm very...
Hi I am undertaking the Le Puy way commencing on 7 June 2024. For planning I have a Cicerone Guide by Dave Whiston. I have been trying to book dormitory style accommodation for the first stage...
hallo. We have been using La Malle Postale to transfer our luggage each night from Le Puy en Velay. We have bad backs. They have been a great company and very reliable. Unfortunately we have just...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.